View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 12:51 AM   #71
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I think I touched on this earlier, but it may have been in my giant post that I lost before posting: Landing TNT is not only a huge thing because of how much exposure Turner's networks have, but it would also have that panache of being a return to the specific platform. There's potential nostalgia in that, and it could really help them.

People are cutting cable, yeah? But cable wants to stay in the game, at least for the foreseeable future. There are moves within these conglomerates to move towards digital and on-demand services, but if the idea is to make cable a thing that people keep and still have a use for and won't cut just yet, then having something like wrestling is really good:

* A lot of the people who watch are over 50, so they're more likely to have cable in the first place.

* There is nostalgia for those times.

Wrestling coming back to TNT and being that thing where people have a few beers and some pizza on a weeknight as they watch people beat each other up might have some sort of appeal that goes beyond what the actual brand does if it were to appear on even another reputable network. It might actually be able to mine something subterranean in people that makes them go "Hey, remember when we used to watch wrestling?" "Yeah, lol." "Well there's a new wrestling that isn't like that shitty WWF stuff." "Fuck yeah, man. Let's hang out and watch it." Like not in massive numbers or anything, but I think it's a good fit.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote