View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 11:37 PM   #883
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
AEW has announced when tickets for their second and third television episodes will be going on sale.

Episode two of AEW TV will take place at the Agganis Arena in Boston, Massachusetts on Wednesday, October 9, while the Liacouras Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania will host episode three on Wednesday, October 16. Tickets for both shows will go on sale via Ticketmaster at noon Eastern time next Friday (August 16).

Tickets will be priced at $90, $75, $50, $35, and $20 before facility fees and service charges.
Quote:
MLW will be posthumously honoring Gary Hart at their Dallas area television tapings next month.

It was announced today that Hart will be "posthumously recognized for his contributions to Dallas and professional wrestling" at MLW's War Chamber TV tapings in North Richland Hills, Texas on Saturday, September 7. Hart's sons Jason and Chad will be in attendance for the tribute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Earlier this week it was said by Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer and reported by others that WWE didn't hold "Test Fans on WWE Knowledge" segments during commercial breaks on Raw and SmackDown this week because "nobody was following the script good enough." The report went on to say that WWE was trying to script the kids, so they didn't say a name like CM Punk or Chris Jericho during the contest. A fan previously mentioned Punk during a segment back in June.

Host of the segments Sarah Scheiber took to social media to give why they did not do the segments this week.

"There is no 'script' what so ever, other than just knowing the names. When we don't do the contests, it's [because] I get too busy backstage doing interviews or there's just other things happening during the commercial breaks."
Quote:
Lance Storm announced today that he will be closing down his Storm Wrestling Academy after his next session in September. Storm noted that in the last 14 years he has trained wrestlers from approximately 30 countries. He already notified those who had signed up for 2020 sessions that he was finishing up at the end of the year. Storm said, "My body is getting tired and my kids are adults now, so a moderate road schedule is acceptable. I reached out to see what my options were and got an offer I liked."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE has released a new theme song collection Uncaged 9 via iTunes, featuring the following songs:
01 - Then, Now, Forever (WWE Signature)
02 - Prime Time Open (Prime Time Wrestling 1988)
03 - I Like It Raw (WWE Raw 1995)
04 - High Voltage (Livewire 1997)
05 - Imminent Danger (Cage Lowering)
06 - Sunday Night Heat Theme (Sunday Night Heat 1998)
07 - Astros (Super Astros 1998)
08 - Rage (WrestleMania 15)
09 - No Mercy (No Mercy 2002)
10 - Confidential (WWE Confidential 2002)
11 - Velocity (WWE Velocity 2002)
12 - End (WWE Judgement Day 2003)
13 - Vengeance (WWE Vengeance 2004)
14 - Great American Bash Theme (Great American Bash 2004)
15 - This Time It's Mine (Saturday Morning Slam 2012)
16 - Coronation (King Of The Ring 2015)
17 - One Against The World (Royal Rumble 2016)
18 - Connected (WrestleMania 31)
19 - Feet On The Ground (Shawn Michaels "My Journey" 2010)
20 - Relic (Survivor Series 2013)
21 - Bald Headed Blues (Battle Of The Billionaires)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Paige (Saraya-Jade Bevis) recently had a consultation with her doctor regarding her neck. Paige stated that the first fusion healed perfectly but she developed a hernia above it after her last match in Uniondale, New York back in December 2017. The issue is going to force her to have another surgery.
Quote:
LuchaCentral reports that AAA TripleMania XXVII drew 1,630,450 viewers and a 2.89 rating on Azteca 7. The number made TripleMania one of the highest-rated shows in Mexican TV this past weekend. AAA’s weekly Friday show on Azteca 7 drew a 0.74 rating with 417,320 viewers. Triplemania was the most-watched sports program of the week and third most-watched cable program. It is estimated that 8.2 million viewers tuned in at some point to watch the show between Azteca 7 and Space. Roughly 50,000 viewers tuned in to watch the show on Twitch between the English and Spanish broadcast.
Quote:
While this has not been announced officially, ITV Box Office will be carrying All Out as a PPV event in the U.K.
Quote:
This Sunday at WWE SummerSlam, Kofi Kingston puts his WWE Title on the line against Randy Orton in a match that is a decade in the making. Back in 2009, Kingston looked to be on the rise in WWE, and a feud with Orton was thought to be the program that would elevate him to the next level. Kingston received a massive pop in Madison Square Garden when he put Orton through a table, but instead of breaking the glass ceiling, it was Kofi who came crashing down.

Fightful's Sean Ross Sapp caught up with Kingston at WWE SummerSlam media day to discuss the real-life beef between himself and Orton.

"On a very legitimate level, those who have been watching the videos about our history, it's very legitimate in the fact that he did not want me to be here to the point where he would tell people who made decisions that I shouldn't be in the position that I was at," stated Kofi. "A lot of people asked me over the years, 'What happened in 2009? You put Randy Orton through the table at Madison Square Garden. I thought you were going to be going up here.' That's where I was supposed to go. You come to find out that because of him, it didn't go that way, not right away. It took a little awhile. Ups and downs. And now here we are 11 years later, through a stroke of luck, a touch of fate, hard work, and taking advantage of some opportunities."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer Newsletter
Nielsen Holdings, the company that handles television ratings, is having trouble finding a buyer and there is now talk of selling the company in pieces. Blackstone, a private equity group, had been in talks of buying the company until backing out in March. The New York Post reported that Apollo Global Management, also in talks of buying the company, has lost interest. They said that on 7/30, Goldman Sachs, the latest to expect to buy it, backed out of the deal.

The problem is that Nielsen has working with $8 billion of debt that the new buyers who have to assume, plus the purchase price was expected to be well over $9 billion, meaning such a deal would cost the new buyers $17 billion. The board of Nielsen has been calling those who backed out with the idea of selling portions of the company at lower prices to different former suitors. There is also the feeling that there will be new ways to measure ratings that will cost less that will eventually surface and thus, Nielsen, the market leader, will face competition for its position
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucha Blog
Let’s go over what we know:
  • AAA sold few tickets to the New York & Los Angeles shows, so few that they turned off the ability to see a seat map so no fan could see a visual representation of unsold tickets in one space. (Though the ticket selection screen still shows no many more tickets have moved.)
  • one source told me the MSG show had sold much less than 1,000 tickets as of mid-July.
  • No matches have been announced for either show.
  • AAA had been posting canned Tweets regularly (and probably automatically) to hype these shows. Those have vanished.
  • AAA hasn’t tweeted the word “MSG” since June 26th.
  • AAA hasn’t used the #LUCHALIBREAAAenNY tag since June 18th
  • AAA hasn’t used the #LUCHALIBREAAAenLA tag since June 29th
  • AAA has continued to push their Mexico shows as normal; they’re not giving on social media ticket sales, just these shows.
  • Neither the Spanish nor the English announce crew mentioned the AAA US shows on TripleMania commentary when it would normally be a focal point
  • This week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletters says the announcers were specifically told not to bring up the US shows.
  • Fite.TV were announced as carrying these shows on PPV. They currently list no show airing on September 15th.
  • An AAA show was announced for September 16th outside Mexico City, the day after the scheduled show in New York. It’s possible for everyone to make it back from New York to be on this show, but it would be challenging.
  • I’ve been waving “AAA’s shows look concerning” red flags. AAA’s usually helpful in telling me when I’m way off base. No one’s gotten back to me to say I’m wrong.

None of this is definite proof the shows are canceled. The tickets for New York and Los Angeles remain on-sale as of late Thursday and there were still ads playing for it in the Forum last night. The evidence showing they’re not running theses is getting overwhelming though. We’re waiting for someone on the AAA show to be announced as working somewhere else on September 15 or for AAA to say something. That may still take a while. The social media mentions being dropped in June suggest someone knew to stop pushing it a while ago and yet nothing’s been said. You shouldn’t wait for them to finally change say it to make other plans.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote