View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 09:54 PM   #10234
GD

GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanny One Ball View Post
The Station Agent - 4/4

A misanthropic man - who's grievance against the world around him is founded in society's treatment of his dwarfism - moves out to a derelict Railway station he has inherited, in search of seclusion.

I have spoken before about my love for films about deficient people and my love for films about the exploration of interpersonal relationships and the camaraderie of flawed people, and The Station Agent is a perfect example of one.
A blend of slow pace, realistically tempered and constructed dialogue and focused and relatable character portrayals - this is a triumph of complete film making.
Peter Dinklage is phenomenal in the lead, surely a role that brought him acclaim and increased attention as a performer.
Patricia Clarkson and Bobby Cannavale provide the necessary drag and push that the story needs to get anywhere. Clarkson is the drag, Cannavale is the push and they provide perspective on Dinklage's situation.

This is a lovely film. I'll watch this again knowing it will provoke important questions about the nature of wallowing in misery and how that can be escaped when there is something positive to reach out to.
Very well articulated. Peter Dinklage embodies the soul of the character that he depicts in the film.
GD is offline   Reply With Quote