View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 03:56 PM   #61
Splaya
1-0 TPWW Chess Master

Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Splaya got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
Does WrestleMania sell-out? I was listening to a podcast recently where they suggested it doesn't quite. Like, it obviously does huge business, but you can still get tickets on the day. This surprised me.

It's going to be interesting when people "get over" attending Mania and they do have to start worrying about hooking people beyond the branding again.

But yeah, you're right. I've been critical of the product forever, and I've been a lapsed fan for quite a while. I'm not surprised that interest is lower, but just that it is this low. Usually there are a few more people feigning an interest or forcing themselves to watch. Obviously this is just in the TPWW microcosm, but interest seems to be dying everywhere.
The problem with Wrestlemania is the fact of everything in between. The entire weekend is a grind. 3+ hour NXT PPV, 7+ hour mania, 3+ hour Raw, 2+ hour SD and possibly more NXT tapings. Let's call a spade a spade. Unless there is some once in a life time match (HBK versus AJ or HBK versus Rock this year would force me to drive from Michigan to NY to see it) the only people that go to Mania are the diehards and the general population. NXT is must see action. The Raw after is the best Raw of the year because its arguably all the cheap ass fan boys that didn't want to pay for the PPV and because there is always some sick angle that takes place. The SD after is usually reserved for a big debut from NXT or a major event.

Mania is just....a wrestling show that is the same old stuff from the past year.
Splaya is offline   Reply With Quote