View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 04:27 PM   #247
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
Early thoughts?
Pretty good so far. I'm kinda curious about the higher level "dungeons" listed as like 20-25 danger level that are littered throughout the areas between the starting towns. Are they optional places or will I go to them on later quests or something? I went through one that I can't remember the name for, was level 15ish and was a forest, but when I got to the end there was an area that seemed like it was for a boss but it was empty, so I'm leaning towards possible quests.

I like how each character has a solo portion of their backstory to start off as well and that it's laid out like they are explaining what they are doing to your current party members before embarking on their particular quest. Also glad that the bosses for each quest seem to get a tad stronger as you pick up more members since you obviously have stronger members at that point. Would suck if they were all level 1-3 at that point. But some of them come off pretty challenging which is good.

Love the battle system. Absolutely love it. Finding weaknesses and exploiting them for a break is great. Having the scholars ability that automatically detects some of the weaknesses kick in is a big help in that area, but I rather like finding them out on my own.

My favorite thing are all the different character abilities for interacting with townsfolk. Kicking the crap out of that annoying townsperson blocking off a door. Inquiring about their background and getting benefits or finding where they have hidden items stashed. Robbing them blind. Taking them with you as a temporary ally. Those interactions are the best thing. Gives you so much more to do in the towns.

I chose H'aanit as my main. The monster hunter gimmick seemed like it would be fun in this game and it is, although I do seem to rely on my main beast more than the ones I recruit a lot of the time. I've found a few good ones I really like as well too though, but it comes down to saving their limited summons for tougher encounters a lot of the time. After H'aanit though I went straight for Therion. He will ALWAYS be in my party. I need him to open those dastardly locked chests for me without having to go back to areas just for that.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote