View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 09:51 PM   #978
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
ROH has announced appearances by "Speedball" Mike Bailey and Aussie Open for next month's United Kingdom tour.

Bailey will make his ROH debut in a match against Bandido at ROH's Honor United show in Bolton, England on Sunday, October 27. That event will also feature Jeff Cobb challenging either Matt Taven or Rush for the ROH World Championship. Taven is defending his World title against Rush at Death Before Dishonor on September 27 ...

Aussie Open (Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis) will face Villain Enterprises (PCO & Brody King) at ROH's Honor United show in London, England on Friday, October 25.
Quote:
The Big Lead reported that the current plan is for WWE’s weekly studio show on FS1 to premiere on Tuesday, November 5. The show will be hosted by Renee Young and the working title is "WWE Backstage." The Big Lead wrote that: “Who will be joining [Young] is not yet decided. Several names are being discussed including, but not limited to, Booker T, Edge, Christian, and Paige.”
Quote:
The Young Bucks told TalkSport’s Alex McCarthy that AEW’s United Kingdom TV deal is still in negotiations. When asked if the deal would be done before the AEW Dynamite premiere, Nick Jackson said: “I don't want to say yes and then it's not."
Quote:
Team Pump (Scott Steiner, Jordynne Grace & Petey Williams) vs. Team MDK (Nick Gage, Kris Statlander & Thomas Santell) is the first match announced for the opening round of CHIKARA’s King of Trios 2019. The tournament is taking place from October 4-6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE applied to trademark "WWE's The Bump" for a show title on 9/16. The filing was for good and services, specifically, "A show about professional wrestling; the production and exhibition of professional wrestling events rendered live and through broadcast media including television and distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media; providing wrestling news and information through broadcast media including television and distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media; providing information in the fields of professional wrestling through broadcast media including television and distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media; providing a website in the field of professional wrestling."

WWE also applied to trademark Isaiah "Swerve" Scott, Riddick Moss, Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel over the last week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
The big test is October 2nd and what the percentage of the audience watching this past Wednesday is going to stay or sample the new alternative ...

October 2nd needs to be a major show and WWE has the tricky predicament of promoting NXT, SmackDown’s launch on Fox, and to a lesser extent the pay-per-view that same week. This week’s audience would back the theory that there was a strong word of mouth and awareness of the show with an adequate promotion on Raw and SmackDown that didn’t include an over-the-top hammering of the premiere.

The numbers that come out on October 3rd for NXT and AEW will be dissected and decoded from all angles, but one question it should answer is a crossover. Has AEW created its own fanbase or will there be a siphoning of the NXT audience on week one? If AEW and NXT both put up shows that attract 900,000 to one million apiece, it tells me there was a large audience not being served that have returned or been created by AEW. If NXT has a drop of 30-40% from their first two weeks, that would indicate AEW having the curiosity appeal and taking a healthy amount from the NXT audience. Realistically, this cannot be examined like our calendars are set to 1999 and I expect a strong amount to be watching both shows weekly and if this drives people to the WWE Network or B/R Live then it’s still a win for each side. A lot will be made of the viewership figures, and they are an important metric for the long-term but the best option for everyone is healthy audiences for both sides and that is my expectation.

The trap is whether either side will feel the pressure to hotshot matches and storylines in hopes of winning the week versus the long-term objective. WCW was caught in this trap in 1998 and beyond where winning the week superseded everything else ...

My last thought on this week’s show, and it hit me almost immediately Wednesday night, is how badly this is needed for the wrestling industry. The fact is, the industry has needed this level of competition and interest since 2001 but no company was ready. As much promise as Impact had in 2010 when they moved to Monday nights, they were not ready for that spot and could not sustain. In AEW’s short existence, it has passed the tests given from selling tickets, hitting remarkable pay-per-view figures without television, and seem poised for a long-term strategy that is distinctly different from WWE, which is key to the public’s interest. By December, if we are looking at consistent audiences of 1.8-2 million viewers watching the shows combined, I take that as a solid win for each and finally represent the tent expanding of professional wrestling fans.
John Pollock had a really great article that I felt was worth sharing about the importance of the Wednesday Night War on the wrestling industry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
The Wrap’s Tony Maglio and Jennifer Maas reported that Friday Night SmackDown on Fox will be airing on tape delay for viewers on the west coast. The live airing at 8 pm will allow for live viewership for those in the eastern and central time zones along with those on DirecTV. The mountain time viewers will either get the show at 6 or 9 pm dependent on their cable affiliate. The Wrap added that the show will stream live on FoxSports.com and the Fox Sports app live at 8 pm Eastern across the country and remain on the app for 30-days. The strategy is inherently to appeal to viewers on the west coast where treating SmackDown as a live sporting event would mean airing at 5 pm Pacific, which is a much weaker timeslot than prime time even on tape delay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Speaking to Alex McCarthy of TalkSPORT, The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) gave their thoughts on NXT's debut show on Wednesday ...

Matt added, "I'm rooting for them, I want them to have a good show. Ours is just going to be better."

The Wednesday Night War will not only take place in the ring and through the ratings, but in the media as well. We've already seen various NXT and AEW superstars comment on the upcoming war with most championing their product above all. Triple H recently stated that he wouldn't trade anyone on the NXT roster for anyone else.

The Bucks found those comments funny given WWE's courting of The Elite when they were free agents at the end of 2018.

"It just made me laugh. C'mon... we know you wanted us," said Nick.

Matt noted, "A year ago you were trying to get us all [The Elite]! Don't act like there was no interest and you wouldn't trade for us because I know for a fact you would."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Former ESPN anchor Keith Olbermann recently took to Twitter to voice his displeasure about Braun Strowman of hearing during a baseball game on Fox Sports to promote WWE SmackDown moving to the Fox Network.

This, of course, led to a response by The Monster Among Men himself who is simply played it off as though Keith could not believe how good he looked in the clip.

However, Weatherman Kevin Lighty stepped up to the plate to voice his displeasure, and Braun shut him down quick.

This led to a flurry of responses from many in the industry including Mark Henry, Sean Waltman, Corey Graves, and The Blue Meanie.
Link with all the tweets: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/w...uring-baseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadspin
In an interview that he gave to The Sporting News earlier this month, Kross explained that “the issues began last year regarding merchandising,” though he’s “been advised not to go into the full detail of the issues.” According to two sources familiar with the situation who spoke to Deadspin, the merchandising issues are that Impact talent just haven’t been sent merchandise royalty statements, much less royalty payments themselves, since last year. (Kross also said in the Sporting News interview that he “was attempting to retrieve something that was supposed to be given to me.”)

The reasons for this are unclear, with possible explanations including staff changes and embarrassment. (To that latter point, Joe Lanza of Voices of Wrestling revealed on a recent edition of their flagship podcast that traffic data he saw for Impact’s website, the home of their merchandise business, showed embarrassingly low numbers.) Since quarterly royalty accounting statements is guaranteed contractually for all Impact wrestlers, not sending them would be a breach; it’s one that it appears only Kross has responded to, and which Impact won’t recognize because it could turn the entire roster into effective free agents.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote