View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 10:05 PM   #984
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Raw last night averaged 2.21 million viewers, down three percent from the 2.27 million viewers of the prior week's show.

Even with loading up the third hour with a number one contender's match with Rey Mysterio vs. AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Robert Roode vs. Ricochet and doing a rematch of the Clash of Champions main event of Seth Rollins vs. Braun Strowman, it was unable to prevent the usual third hour drop, as hour one to hour three fell 13.8 percent, which is normal for the show ...

The year-to-year drop was six percent, much lower than usual, but last year's Raw during this week set the modern record low at the time of 2.35 million viewers, although that has been broken a number of times since ...

It was the eighth smallest audience for Raw of the modern era, with the other seven shows all having taken place since December, two of which were Christmas Eve and New Years Eve, which shouldn't count ...

The three hours for Raw were:

8 p.m. 2.37 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.21 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.04 million viewers
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Mickie James worked as a commentator for this week's edition of Main Event. We had heard last week there had been talk of her working as a Producer as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Mauury Povich tweeted the following video, playing up the current Maria Kanellis baby daddy storyline:

The door is open...@WWE @RusevBUL @MariaLKanellis @RealMikeBennett #Raw #Maury22 pic.twitter.com/RkqwsflT04
— The Maury Show (@TheMAURYShow) September 23, 2019

As PWInsider.com noted on 9/20, there was a pitch within WWE to have Povich take part in a segment on Raw regarding the Kanellis baby storyline. We'll see if it goes beyond social media videos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Revolution Pro Wrestling announced today that Amazing Red will be taking part in this year's British J-Cup. It's being held at York Hall in London, England on Sunday, November 24.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Though Kofi Kingston will have little to do with the Wednesday Night War as he is not involved with NXT, that hasn't stopped media from asking questions about the upcoming battle with AEW. Speaking to Sports Illustrated, Kofi weighed in on All Elite Wrestling.

"Not for me," Kofi said when asked if AEW was on his radar. "I think it's great to have competition and it's awesome, especially Cody [Rhodes], I know him very well and he's out there doing something special and giving an opportunity to a lot of other people. Kudos to that. But for me, I'm so busy trying to do so much significant stuff trying to be the best WWE Champion that I don't really have time to watch other wrestling. But I'm all for competition. It brings out the best in everybody."
Quote:
TheWrap.com reported that AEW has been talking with WarnerMedia executives about a studio show in addition to the weekly Dynamite show. Executive Brett Weiss was quoted as saying, "Knowing full well that within the WarnerMedia ecosystem we have B/R Live, we’ve got all these different components at our disposal. The more content for these fans the better, and we would love to figure out what something like that looks like."
Quote:
Cody confirmed on Twitter that AEW Dynamite will be rated TV-14.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The current plan is to provide some sort of Impact Wrestling programming on The Pursuit Channel going forward, but nothing has been confirmed in terms of those plans.

Nolan Edwards, an independent wrestler from Tenneseee, has been hired to join the company's production team ...

There's a lot of excitement about AXS TV among those in the company. They should be happy as it's the biggest thing to happen to Impact since Anthem usurped the company from Dixie Carter.

Impact will continue to stream its episodes weekly on Twitch,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Sportsnet 360, the Canadian broadcaster for WWE programming will be picking up NXT and airing a Friday night block of wrestling content.

Beginning October 4th to coincide with Friday Night SmackDown’s move, Sportsnet 360 will carry 4 ½ hours of wrestling content beginning at 6:30 pm Eastern with the Aftermath studio show.

The studio show that is hosted by Caroline Szwed with panelists Anthony Carelli, Jimmy Korderas, and Mike “Nug” Nahrgang will serve as the lead-in for the WWE block that begins with an airing of NXT at 7 pm Eastern followed by Friday Night SmackDown at 8 pm and WWE Main Event at 10 pm.

Sportsnet 360 is only listing NXT for a one-hour slot and not the full two hours that the show has expanded to.

NXT is not available in Canada on Wednesday nights but will be available on the WWE Network for Canadian and international viewers on Thursday nights on a 24-hour delay from the USA Network airing.
Quote:
Impact Wrestling confirmed its move to Tuesdays next month with the first episode of Impact airing October 29th at 8 pm Eastern ...

With the move to AXS TV, there is stability and not a pressure to hotshot or drive numbers up to keep the broadcaster happy as they are now the supply and the demand of the equation. The goals will be centered around growing their audience and monetizing the property through pay-per-view, live events, and other ancillary income. By going this route, they have chosen, they have given up the option of Impact securing television rights fees from another outlet, which has been so lucrative for WWE, UFC, and Bellator.

The success of the move to AXS TV will be hard to quantify as the network doesn’t subscribe to Nielsen and therefore, their numbers won’t be known, although the increase in visibility alone guarantees more eyes than with Pursuit ...

When you add up WWE, AEW, Impact, New Japan, Ring of Honor, and MLW’s weekly programming on U.S. television, we are now looking at fourteen hours of original programming in the United States on a weekly basis. That number greatly increases when you include all the digital offerings on a weekly basis from all the promotions out there ...

New Japan is in an interesting position with its U.S. strategy going into this weekend’s shows in the Northeast. Aside from the Guerrillas of Destiny working the Summer Supercard show in Toronto this past August, there has been little to no crossover between Ring of Honor and New Japan. On paper, it makes a lot of sense for New Japan and Impact Wrestling to be working together but it also made a ton of sense for New Japan and AEW to sort out their problems and that has not happened.
Quote:
New Japan Pro Wrestling has announced Shota Umino and Ren Narita are leaving overseas excursions. Narita is going to Los Angeles and will train at the L.A. Dojo under Katsuyori Shibata while Umino will be going to the U.K.
Quote:
WrestleVotes says he was told by a person who works for Fox that the network wants The Fiend on SmackDown. It is unknown which brand The Fiend Bray Wyatt will appear on following the draft.
Quote:
WrestleVotes is reporting that WWE will change the look of Raw and SmackDown next week. The account also reports that pyro will return next week as well.
Quote:
Nyla Rose apologizes.

On Sept. 22, AEW star Nyla Rose sent out a hateful tweet in reply to a user who sent a hateful tweet of their own. Rose hinted that the user may have been molested before quickly deleting the comment. Of course, being the internet, nothing truly dies. You can view the original tweet in the screenshot below. The account Rose replied to no longer appears to exist.

Rose issued an apology for her tweet, writing, "I would like to apologize for my comment yesterday. I have always tried to take the high road and rise above/ignore the hateful/hurtful insults I receive daily. Unfortunately, I let some hateful comments get in the way of my better judgment. I believe that sometimes people forget that real people are on the other end of the screen. I replied in frustration and anger and didn't consider the people that it could affect and hurt. For that I am truly sorry."
Link: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/n...-hurtful-tweet

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote