View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 08:52 PM   #993
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
AEW Dynamite is the victor in week one of the Wednesday Night War.

The Dynamite premiere averaged 1.409 million viewers on TNT last night and finished second for the night on cable in the all-important 18-49 demo with a 0.68 rating.

The latter was more than double the 0.32 rating that NXT on USA Network pulled in the same demo. NXT, despite limited commercial interruption and a loaded lineup featuring three title matches, averaged only 891,000 viewers, an 11 percent drop from the previous week, although the rating in the demo was the exact same as last week.

The most watched show on cable was an MLB Wild Card game between the Tampa Bay Rays and Oakland Athletics, which did 3.969 million viewers and a 1.03 rating in the 18-49 demo.

This can’t be spun as anything but a positive for AEW, as there had been previous industry projections that pegged the show as doing in the 500,000 viewer range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
1,409,000 viewers for AEW Dynamite is a fantastic number. It’s not far off what Smackdown has done on some weeks. And to give a little perspective, the 2.4M fans that AEW and NXT did head to head last night would have beaten the Raw audience three of the last five weeks ...

At minimum, AEW brought more in more than 1.2M fans to the party last night. They also more than doubled NXT in the coveted people 18-49 demographic. That means that not only did they bring in new people, they brought in new YOUNGER people. Advertisers love to see that and they pony up to reach them ...

In WWE’s case, AEW’s strong debut, should it continue, could put pressure on Raw and Smackdown to change the way that they do some things. I can’t imagine TV partners ignoring the fact that a start up with very few household names is getting very close to the established brands right out of the gate. Maybe it leads to changes that fans like us will like. Of course, it could also lead to changes in NXT that we don’t like. It’s all to be determined.
The demo splits are a big key since after 3 weeks, the only demo that managed to stay consistent and/or grow was the 50+ demo which is the same demo that's been the strongest for RAW & SD and closer to the average age of a WWE viewer. Triple H keeps pushing the idea that NXT is the show that caters towards younger fans and disgruntled fans of WWE's main roster product but that might not end up being the case if things continue now that NXT is on regular TV.

Quote:
After he returned from injury last night, a documentary on Tommaso Ciampa is set to air on the WWE Network next week.

The special is titled "Tommaso Ciampa: blackHEART." It will debut on the WWE Network at 10 p.m. Eastern next Wednesday (October 9), which is right after next week's NXT airs live on the USA Network.

WWE.com described the special: "Witness the heroic struggle of former NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa as he embarks on a difficult road to recovery from a devastating injury and finds strength from his wife, baby daughter, friends and the NXT Universe."
Quote:
A second match has been confirmed for MLW's Blood & Thunder television tapings.

MLW announced today that Low Ki vs. Timothy Thatcher is set for the tapings. They're taking place at GILT Nightclub in Orlando, Florida on the afternoon of Saturday, November 9.
Quote:
Some more information has been announced for tomorrow's SmackDown "blue carpet" pre-show.

Ahead of the Friday Night SmackDown premiere, the half-hour kickoff show will air live on FOX starting at 7:30 p.m. Eastern time. FOX issued a press release today announcing that Renee Young and Booker T will anchor the desk for the pre-show, "welcoming special guests and offering insight and analysis on the upcoming matchups."

Charissa Thompson, the host of FOX NFL Kickoff, will be "on hand for arrivals and interviews outside the Staples Center, while WWE reporter Kayla Braxton provides exclusive backstage access to Superstars just moments before all the action."
Quote:
Though a new date for the event hasn't been announced, Lucha Libre AAA is rescheduling their Invading LA show.

The Forum in Inglewood, California had been scheduled to host Invading LA on Sunday, October 13. The venue sent out an email announcing that the show has been rescheduled
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Q - Why wouldn't WWE have John Cena advertised for the FOX Smackdown debut?

A - Cena has been announced as part of the cast for the new Suicide Squad film and that began filming in Georgia this week, so he's likely not available. It's possible he pops up as a surprise, but with everyone else scheduled, they are better off leaving John as something special down the line
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Diamond Dallas Page and Awesome Kong were backstage. Atlas Security were in the house. Conrad Thompson was sitting ringside.

Alex Marvez handled a lot of research for the announcers last night.
In regards to last night's AEW Dynamite show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
The premiere of AEW Dynamite on TSN 2 in Canada reportedly drew 109,000 viewers on Tuesday night, according to POST Wrestling's John Pollock on Twitter.

AEW faced stiff competition in Canada last night as they went up against the NHL Opening Night game between the Ottawa Senator and the Toronto Maple Leafs. The Prime Ministers French-language election debate also aired last night.

The AEW viewership was described as a good number for Canadian TV, according to Pollock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIGHTFUL
PWInsider reports that Vince McMahon was not backstage at last night’s NXT taping. They also report that Pete Dunne has officially moved to the United States to live here full-time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
On Wednesday's episode of AEW Dynamite, Cody was laid out in two separate segments on the show. First, he was attacked by Chris Jericho following his victory over Sammy Guevara. Later in the night, Cody tried to save The Young Bucks from a beatdown by Jericho and Santana & Ortiz, but was eventually taken out by Guevara and a debuting Jake Hager.

Following the show, fans wondered where Cody's best friend, MJF, was as Cody was being attacked.

"I'm not gonna lie to you guys, I'm not in a good mood, at all because my best friend just got completely bludgeoned in the middle of the ring," MJF said in the post-show media scrum. "And I had no idea it was going on because I was back in my locker room, after my match, and I had no clue, and I just found out after the fact."

When asked why he wasn't paying more attention, MJF said, "Why wasn't I watching the monitor closely? Because I wrestled a match and I had to make sure that after the match that I had my ice bath, that I went in my whirlpool, and that I got a massage. Because I'm a top tier athlete and I make sure I'm 100% good to go after my match because unlike everybody else on this roster, I'm not some schmuck who is gonna get back in their car and go, 'Yipee, it's done.' That's not what real athletes do. Do you think that after Kobe Bryant is done playing a basketball game, that he doesn't put ice on his knees, that he doesn't get worked on? No."

MJF also vowed revenge on Chris Jericho, the man behind the attacks on Cody

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote