View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 10:05 PM   #291
road doggy dogg
wekasauce

road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
SPOILER: show
I like how they blended a good mix of nostalgia old stuff without going TOO overboard with it. I mean... it could've been toned down a bit but whatever. I get it. I like that they introduced a "new batch" of heroes to kind of take the mantle now. I thought Rey was awesome. Finn was super too, go PK Subban.

There were two lines that kind of bugged me. Right near the start when buddy is all "Who talks first, you or me?" it just felt a little "too" casual/jokey. I get the guy is kind of a GOOFBALL just bugged me how nonchalant he was feeling in a pretty dramatic moment.

Also Han's "Death Star" throwaway line. Idk. Was fine, just felt a littttle too tacked on.

Some of the scenes were awesome. I love the Supreme Leader's "chamber" (for lack of better term). Felt really imposing and fitting of a total bad guy hangout spot. That shot of when the PLANET LASER BEAM OF DEATH was blowing up the planets, when the one shot is of the people looking at the oncoming laser... damn. I was hoping they'd give it like 1 or 2 more seconds there to really sink in the feeling of dread. But that was intense. Loved it.
road doggy dogg is offline   Reply With Quote