Thread: Legion
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 09:01 AM   #1
mitchables
bonjour

mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)mitchables makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Legion

Anyone watching this show? First couple of episodes have been awesome. Didn't really know what to expect because although it is a Noah Hawley project it is still apparently tied to the X-Men movie universe (albeit a parallel Earth I am pretty sure) and that's been hit and miss over the years.

Was also concerned about how, since Legion is a character built around split personalities, that was gonna come off on screen, especially given the controversy over that McAvoy/Shyamalan film recently. But the general depiction of mental illness has been incredibly nuanced.

Needn't have worried at all really, it's a brilliantly written and presented show. Aubrey Plaza is really good in it and feels "noteworthy" but the whole ensemble is. Really like the guy who plays David, and it's nice to see some Fargo alum pop up again in another Hawley piece. Be interested to see if Legion is the only comics character to feature though; pretty sure the others have been created for the show.

Anyway yeah I guess use this space to discuss Legion if you're feeling so inclined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeRazor
Dear Mitch,

If you're holding this letter, you already know. The house has been boarded up. The windows, the doors, everything. We're at the Comfort Inn. Room 112.

I love you,
FakeRazor
mitchables is offline   Reply With Quote