View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 04:47 PM   #56153
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Gotta keep Hard Times for its "iconic status"

Cream of the Crop... as good as it is, take it away and you still have dozens of great Randy Savage moments and promos, another one would have just risen to the top of "memeablity"

No idea what The Rock promo is, so that's out.

Don't care about ECW so that's out (although I would have kept it in if it was his joining the Alliance promo).

Miz is out because... feel like I don't need to justify. Was good, but... whatever.

Austin 3:16 I'll get rid of because I never cared for Austin, but it seems to me like he would have been just as good without having that catchphrase.

So I'm left with AJ Lee, Mark Henry, and CM Punk and need to cut one of them.

AJ Lee's was good, and did feel like it started slowly the "turn" in the women's division towards "revolution".... but I remember it being utterly ruined by the Bellas yelling "Say it to our face!" over and over again at the top of their lungs. So that's out.

Which leaves CM Punk and Mark Henry to join Hard Times as the 3 I keep.

Henry wasn't just a promo, it was a "memorable moment" so I feel it is kind of cheating. Like I don't really remember the promo or what he was saying, but more "the moment".

CM Punk was a great moment and led to one of the most memorable runs of the "modern era". Unlike with Austin, without the "breakout moment" of this promo I don't think he would have got to the heights that he did.
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote