View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 06:13 PM   #9898
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Delirious - 4/4

I can't think of a similar type of film that comes close to this overlooked, unheralded takedown of fame chasers and their neuroses. This is a stunning picture about the escalation and self immolation of the fantasists that hunt for publicity in an all-or-nothing attempt at gaining or retaining an audience, a following and acceptance. Tom DiCillo is a name I had heard perhaps but definitely had no idea about and here he has created a work of fiction so concise, so accurate that I doubt I will ever forget him. In fact I should really be looking to experience more of his product because I was enthralled by "Delirious".
Steve Buscemi plays off Michael Pitt like mustard on a hot dog and he is glorious as a cheap, unrefined yet deliciously shameless little nobody of a paparazzo against Michael Pitt's beleaguered transient actor-wannabe with charisma pouring from his aura.

Nobody wants to know Steve, nobody knows but everybody wants Michael and what the world isn't aware of is the broken promises and unimaginable torments that the truly famous can expect to face when the parasites catch their scent.

This is a film about conversations that lead to calamity and misfortune that polishes to a golden shine. Maybe perceptions are best left unexplored and perhaps apathy has had it's day.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote