View Single Post
Old 04-17-2016, 05:19 PM   #24717
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Snippets from a Ryback interview:

Quote:
On His Frustrations: “I’ve heard in this business hard work doesn’t always pay off. So maybe The Big Guy has to go find another world where that does pay off. But you work really, really hard at something and you dedicate yourself, and you sometimes have to be told you’re somewhere else. That’s a tough pill to swallow time and time again but I’ve never stopped believing in myself and I never will. Next year should undoubtedly be a big year for The Big Guy.”

Was He Happy Being on The WrestleMania 23 Pre-Show?: ”To be quite honest, absolutely not. The last 3 WrestleManias have not been great. I’m not going to go into a lot of detail on that but it would’ve been nice to have been on the show where both of us belong. The US Title definitely belongs on there. Hopefully next year, if there is a next year, that it will be a better experience.”

On Wanting Back in The Main Event Scene: “Absolutely. And that is what each and every day I go out there and prove my worth and that I am a one in a lifetime WWE Superstar. I am The Big Guy, the best big guy in the world and there is nobody like me. But I will continue to plug away and be the best version of me each and every day and hopefully at the end of the night, I’m where I belong.”
Add him to the list of people frustrated with their current position. I can't say I blame him all that much considering they've stop-started his pushes so many times. Probably won't ever get past this current level and it seems like he is aware of that.

Don't really agree with the frustration of being stuck on the WrestleMania pre-show though, especially this year. In the Network era I really don't see why the pre-show is still stigmatized. It's still aired on the Network and this year on USA. And they gave him a one on one match for a belt. Would he seriously have preferred to be on the main card and just be awkwardly shoehorned into the IC Title ladder match where there isn't much he could have done, or just be thrown out by Baron Corbin in the battle royal?
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote