View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 09:53 AM   #10073
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
On with my Stephen King binge...

Thinner (1996) 1.5/5 Stars

The story is about a fat lawyer who kills an old Gypsie with his car while getting a blowjob from his wife. When his relationship with the town judge and police work in his favor, he gets off with no conviction. Then an old man Gypsie appears and curses the fat man by touching his face and saying "THINNER". Day by day he begins losing weight. Eventually he realizes that he was cursed by the Gypsie and seeks to find him to release the curse. The acting is this movie is really bad, especially from the lead actor Robert John Burke. I've noticed on a lot of campy Stephen King movies that making a likable or sympathetic lead character is not a priority. Which is interesting as a viewer, and I would imagine has to be purposeful. There is so much camp about the movie that it actually adds to the enjoyment factor, because if it took itself seriously it would get a much lower rating from me. Worth a watch for a dumb fun horror movie.

Graveyard Shift (1990) .5/5 Stars

The story is of a rat infested textile factory that is completely condemned but the owner pays off an inspector to keep it open. Slowly the employee's who are hired to clean the infested basement go missing. Eventually a drifter hero travels to town and takes the graveyard shift at the factory. After proving himself he is given the double pay holiday clean up shift to clear out the infested basement within a week so the owner can double his workload for the factory. The hero joins a cleanup crew who slowly start to die from some kind of giant bat/rat creature. The creature looks horrible a total joke, and unrealistic on every level. The owner played by Stephen Macht (and the best performance of the movie by far) stars off as a dick head but somewhere in the second act turns into an all out villain, I would assume because the movie monster was so lackluster they felt the needed to at more bad guys to the movie. This movie is trash, not really worth your time even for curiosity.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote