View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 07:02 AM   #673
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
AJ Styles could make ME look like a million bucks in the ring. I've seen people use this match to defend Brock before but come on. Let's not pretend the reason that match was great wasn't vastly because Brock was facing one of the best wrestlers on the planet. I mean gods sake, AJ spent the first 10 minutes selling for Brock better than anyone ever has.

I get that the "spectacle" of Lesnar still exists for some people, but for me, its long gone. I hope he continues to do mma because that's where he belongs. Because he's passionate about it. He WANTS to be there.
AJ's great, so that doesn't hurt, but Brock has done great work with lots of people. It's not just people selling for him; it's how he sells for other people (when it's time). And it's how much he can get out of so little.

I agree that the spectacle has been tarnished, but I don't put that on Brock. I put that on Vince not being able to create a conquering babyface people actually like, and him not having the believable guys -- or not going with the believable guys -- in order for Brock to make them look like the dragon slayer.

That's why I hope Brock leaves. Because he can have that spectacle, and he does carry that credibility. And if he went somewhere that actually had babyfaces that people liked -- holy shit. The dude's a perfect successor to big bad-ass gaijin like Vader and Hansen, except Brock probably carries more stateside commercial weight.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote