View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 09:40 PM   #689
Ultra Mantis
Grim Fandango

Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
Can you find me those quotes? I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I do wonder if there is a different perspective to take. I've always heard JR be very complimentary of New Japan. It's not like he needs the work -- I've always imagined him doing it as a labor of love.
Most of what he has said is buried in his commentary, there was a big backlash against the AXS commentary at last years show. He was calling everyone by the wrong name, he thought Zack Sabre Jr was Ospreay, Bushi was EVIL, didn't know anyone on the undercard to the point where Tama Tonga called him out on Twitter over it. In response, JR put out a statement that he was very sorry he didn't know which Briscoe Brother was which and how is he supposed to know when "I don't live this product". Never mentioned Tama or any or the other guys he called the wrong name repeatedly. On the same show he had also said something along the lines of "Kenny Omega will be a huge star if he ever makes it to WWE".
Ultra Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote