View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 02:59 AM   #284
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR View Post
No. I steadfastly stand behind my point. Rockstar should never have allowed ANY version of the online component, beta or not, to be released in the state it was released in. Ya know, lest it look like they're aspiring to become the next EA Games?
Tangentially related to this: what the fuck happened to the term "beta"? I mean, the last time I remember a public test executed correctly was for the multiplayer component of Halo: Reach that was so far ahead of the finished product, that the beta was actually running under Halo 3's engine. They got feedback well in advance and was able to tweak one particular gameplay type (invasion) multiple times before it was even near its final form in retail.

Ever since then, it seemed like, true to form, other companies (and Bungie themselves) learned "the wrong lesson" on how popular that was on leading to game sales and now everyone is offering "beta" access, which just means either getting to play it a little bit early or just a band-aid on an unfinshed mess that you supposedly have no right to complain about because "it's totally in beta, guys". It isn't to stress test the game under normal, outside world player conditions or see how your servers can hold up, it's a marketing ploy.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote