View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 06:22 PM   #55
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend David View Post
Technically, he did defeat Brock Lesnar in a match at Wrestlemania and also used the Curb Stomp to score the pinfall and win his maiden WWE Championship.
He pinned Roman in that match, but he's hit the move on Brock before. He did it in the build to the Rumble Triple Threat with Cena too. And Brock's a genius, so I'm sure he can take it. For some reason I just find it odd to imagine Brock stumbling around in position and a dude the size of Seth stomping his head into the ground in epic fashion, haha.

I could see a more desperate version of the move or one onto the title belt being used for the finish or something. It's just an odd visual to imagine Brock "co-operating" for a move that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
This is the problem I have with rasslin these days. They have diluted finishers by letting everyone kick out so they come up with these other moves, ie superplex/falcon arrow that should be finishers as they are more devastating but they are filler moves. So many times a huge devastating move means nothing because it’s not the designated finisher.
It's only when they start hitting these moves that people wake up and get into things too. They'll only start popping after the first "finisher" only gets a two and the offending wrestler holds their head in disbelief that the same thing that happens every match is happening in this match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
I saw an Al Snow interview where he said that most of the stuff identified as a false finish aren't really false finishes because for it to be a false finish, you have to actually think the match is going to end. Crowds don't bite on those moves.

But worse yet, every big match now you have guys kicking out of the actual finish and when it doesn't happen it leads to confused response. I remember Brock beating Braun after one F5 and everyone's reaction was "wait, that's all it took?" We should've never been conditioned to expect more.
Yeah, the conditioning is a major gripe of mine. I saw people complaining because Jeff Hardy only uses one Swanton Bomb to win matches.

I like the way Brian Last describes modern wrestling. It's a bunch of junior heavyweights wrestling All Japan style.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote