View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 11:48 AM   #4446
wwe2222

wwe2222 has a good deal of rep (10,000+)wwe2222 has a good deal of rep (10,000+)wwe2222 has a good deal of rep (10,000+)wwe2222 has a good deal of rep (10,000+)wwe2222 has a good deal of rep (10,000+)wwe2222 has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeritron View Post

Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps 6/10. A competently made sequel to Wall Street. Nothing more. Almost all points are awarded for Michael Douglas greatness, chewing the scenery and delivering some great lines.
The story was about as interesting as the original Wall Street, but that was never what mattered in that movie. It was about the statement and that's all lost here. It felt too much like a true sequel to a family story that never existed.
The social commentary and themes are pretty disappointing. Especially in the end. I'm not sure if it's because they're under-done, or over-done. It seems like both, in a way.
Those who have seen it may understand what I mean.
I said this in my own review a few months ago, but the themes and ideas they used as a basis for Wall Street 2 were very good. The execution however failed. They almost had too many and didnt quite know what to do with them. Utlimately it felt flat when they had to cram it in with the family thing.

They should have ditched the family angle, chosen a few of the ideas behind the business commentary and focused on those only.
wwe2222 is offline   Reply With Quote