View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 12:29 AM   #142
Triple A
Triple A

Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
You are talking about a country that is still a monarchy, their citizens don't have the same rights I do. Human rights isnt a universal thing that every country abides by and I can accept that. As long as they don't come attacking my rights here in the USA then I could care less how their country is run.
The people of Saudi Arabia don't choose to have a brutal, backwards monarchy rule over them.

The monarchy/dictatorship uses hundreds of billions of dollars in American (and other countries') weapons and spy technology to rule over their population and crush any dissent. Peaceful protest is punishable by death.

The US (and UK and others) support the dictatorship because they can be controlled. Be our "allies" and do what we want and we'll keep you rich and in power. If the people of Saudi Arabia had a pesky democracy, they might start doing things that the US government and elite don't like and can't control.

In the words of Donald Trump, the Saudi monarchy would not last two weeks without US support.

"We protect Saudi Arabia. And I love the King ... King Salman but I said 'King, we're protecting you. You might not be there for two weeks without us.'"

So it's not just some far off place that we have nothing to do with. Our government directly supports the monarchy.
Triple A is offline   Reply With Quote