View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 07:59 PM   #43533
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
While I'm not a fan of the product, WWE has very quietly positioning some other personalities as top babyfaces on Raw. In addition to Roman Reigns, you have Bobby Lashley being shoved up there, regardless of whether or not the method has been successful. Braun Strowman is the golden boy right now, being given the Greatest Royal Rumble and Money in the Bank -- you can basically guarantee he will be the champion at some point over the next year. But Seth Rollins has also been quietly earning a rep for being the best guy on Raw.

Vince definitely seems to be testing out other guys in the position. He's got three other potential top babyfaces, and that's not taking into consideration Finn Balor, Dean Ambrose or Finn Balor when he comes back. And there are allegedly plans to do something "big" with McIntyre, which means that either him or Ziggler may turn in the future, provided Ziggler stays with the company. I know they think they have something in Bray too.

Anyway, to get to the point: It wouldn't surprise me if the plan is to move away from Roman, Roman, Roman moving forward. Vince has been experimenting and testing out some other personalities in the goofy lead babyface role, and in their mind, they probably consider them a success. It wouldn't surprise me if Seth Rollins ends up as Universal Champion and Roman Reigns turns heel out of jealousy. But nothing surprises me anymore.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote