View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #1853
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Lock Jaw Reviews The New 52

The remaining Week 1 titles:

Batwing #1

SPOILER: show
When announced, I immediately thought this series as superfluous as and and as screaming desperately "HEY EVERYBODY!! LOOK HOW DIVERSE WE ARE! LOOK!".

I did actually enjoy it though. I don't see this book lasting, but it could be cool for awhile.

Green Arrow #1

Seems really different. Ollie seems younger, and less "world weary". New costume isn't bad. I don't mind him losing his trademark beard and stache either.

He seems to have a support team of tech people. He also still has some sort of job with Queen Industries.

He makes some comments in the issue, that make me question whether his origin has changed some or not.

Overall, not a terrible book... but not great either. Perfectly average.

Hawk & Dove #1

To be honest, I have never really cared for these characters. The Rob Liefield art in this book certainly did not help. Nevertheless, it was not terrible.

Continuity is confusing though. For some reason, Hawk does not really like Dove anymore. He misses his brother, the previous Dove, who died during the Crisis on Infinite Earths. So, I guess that story still happened in some way.

Brightest Day also seems to have happened in someway, because the Dawn and Deadman thing is present.

Anyways, not a terrible book. Still, I just don't enjoy these characters.

Men of War #1

Pretty meh. As the title suggests, this is an "army comic". Main character seems to be a descendant of Sgt. Rock.

Pretty much jumped the shark as a war comic already, when some flying, super fast, and super strong Metahuman appeared. Was hoping for something more "realistic" out of this book.

It could still turn out to be good, I guess, but I don't see it lasting.

Static Shock #1

First of all, his new costume is pretty terrible looking. Second, I admit to not being TOO familiar with Static but... he seems to have changed.

Seems less awkward and nerdy and more "I'm a genius, but I'm also in high school".

Anyways, did not really care for this issue.
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote