View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 07:23 PM   #1202
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
The night before he faces Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania, Drew McIntyre will be the focus of a new episode of WWE Chronicle.

During his appearance on WWE's The Bump today, it was announced that a Chronicle episode on McIntyre will premiere on the WWE Network after NXT TakeOver: Tampa on Saturday, April 4. McIntyre will challenge Lesnar for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania 36 the next day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Shingo Takagi and Bandido are set to face off over WrestleMania week.

WrestleCon announced today that Takagi vs. Bandido will take place at their Mark Hitchcock Memorial SuperShow in Tampa, Florida on Thursday, April 2. The show is taking place at The Ritz Ybor City and will begin at 8 p.m. Eastern time.

WrestleCon wrote that this may be the only match they announce for the SuperShow in advance. Will Ospreay, Black Taurus, Zack Sabre Jr., and Amazing Red have also been confirmed for the event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The pro-wrestling related musical called "Rockquiem For A Wrestler" by Philip Paul Kelley is moving forward in production and will have a new reading on Sunday 5/3 at the Triad Theater in New York City. The second Staged Reading will be an elevated event featuring a 5-piece band with technical enhancements.

The musical is a dramatic parody inspired by the life of Ivan Koloff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
An update on Taya Valkyrie's contract status from yesterday. She is stating on social media that her contract did not automatically roll over as I wrote yesterday and that she actually signed a new multi-year Impact Wrestling contract last year. We were told her deal automatically rolled over in December 2019, which she disputes. A new deal would lock her in with the company through sometime in 2021, based on her claims. Konnan stated on a recent episode of his podcast that he believed her deal was up in ten months, which falls in line with what we have heard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Two different venues known as the Sportatorium that were important to pro wrestling fans in their respective cities will move forward, leaving their past behind,

The Dallas Morning News reported earlier this month that the land that once housed the Sportatorium that housed World Class Championship Wrestling, the USWA and the Global Wrestling Federation, which has sat as a vacant field for years, has been sold to a developer that owns the adjacent land with plans to develop the site into a new development. The site, when the Sportatorium was standing, housed pro wrestling dating back to the 1950s.

Meanwhile, in Tampa, the Sportatorium that once housed Championship Wrestling from Florida, located at 106 N. Albany Avenue was reported to have been leased for future commercial purposes, according to the Tampa-Bay Times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
STARDOM officially announced a second DLC pack featuring 11 performers will be coming to the Fire Pro Wrestling World video game March 5. The promotion had a press conference and tweeted the following
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The main event of the 2020 NWA Crockett Cup PPV in Atlanta this April will be NWA Champion Nick Aldis vs. Marty Scurll with the stipulation that if Scurll loses, he must write a check to refund the cost of attendance that night.

The scene was set with the following segment:

"What if you have to pay for your greed?"@RealNickAldis lays out very EXPENSIVE TERMS for @MartyScurll on #AldisVsScurll 2 at #CrockettCup.#NWAPowerrr - https://t.co/GIJypXxeCP pic.twitter.com/W6aAVmxN3a
— NWA (@nwa) January 29, 2020

The event will also feature the 2020 Crockett Cup tournament.
Link: https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1222308453630324736

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
The biggest story concerns the state of Pro Wrestling NOAH, which is now under new management as a subsidiary of CyberAgent Incorporated with the news first reported by Tokyo Sports. Just last year, 75% of the company had been sold to LIDET from Estbee Co. Ltd. CyberAgent has acquired 100% ownership of NOAH ...

CyberAgent purchased DDT (Dramatic Dream Team) in 2017 and is going to lead to the two companies working together in several capacities ...

The @DDTpro_eng handle translated Wednesday’s press conference and provided the following notes:
*Sanshiro Takagi will serve as President of both DDT and NOAH while Naomichi Marfuji is listed as the Executive Vice President of NOAH
*Takagi is designated to work on the business end and leave the creative day-to-day with Marufuji and former NOAH President Arihiro Takeda
*It was Takagi who got the ball rolling after NOAH’s finances were hit and approached Susumu Fujita about saving NOAH with Takagi and Takeda beginning to speak in November
*NOAH’s relationship with LIDET (the previous owners)will continue with the group staying on board as a corporate sponsor
*NOAH will be running a free show on Thursday on DDT Universe, which is their streaming service and is the first time NOAH has been linked to a streaming service with several shows airing on YouTube over the past year. The plan is for DDT Universe to carry 1-2 NOAH shows per month. They have already added a NOAH section on the service.
*They also announced that DDT and NOAH will run back-to-back nights at Sumo Hall on November 21st and 22nd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Diamond Dallas Page returned to the ring for the first time in nearly four years on the Jan. 15 episode of AEW Dynamite. Page teamed with Dustin Rhodes & QT Marshall in a losing effort to The Butcher, The Blade, & MJF.

Page has worked with AEW dating back to All In, helping out Cody on-screen and off. Despite his input in certain aspects, Page told Wrestling Inc that he is not part of the creative team in AEW. And while many may believe that DDP isn't welcome in WWE due to his AEW affiliation, DDP stated that's not the case.

"WWE's coming here on Wednesday and they're gonna interview me for [Karl] Malone and [Dennis] Rodman. I'm like in the middle – I wanna be able to help Cody with whatever he needs but if WWE needs something from me, then I'm always there for them. They've treated me super-great for the last 10 years," he said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
After nearly nine years away from the ring, Edge made his return at WWE Royal Rumble. Edge was forced to retire in 2011 due to cervical spinal stenosis, but was able to get healthy and cleared for his in-ring return on Sunday.

Appearing on WWE Backstage, his longtime tag team partner and friend Christian, gave a little more insight on how Edge was feeling about his return.

"It was alright," Christian joked when asked how amazing the moment was for himself and Edge. "WWE is about creating moments. Creating moments that will stand the test of time. You think back to when Edge had to retire due to his neck injury. It's an unforgettable moment. This is much bigger than that. It's unheard of for somebody to come back from this type of injury after nine years off from the ring. As a performer, those thoughts always creep into your mind when you've been away for that long. 'Can I still do this at the level that I did before?' You don't want to come back at any less than that. When I talked to him after, I was like, 'How did it feel out there?' He's like, 'Man, I was really nervous.' To put that in perspective, I was the one that got nervous in our team. He was always calming me down. He had nerves of steel. For him to say that, that just shows you how big of a moment that was for him and the WWE Universe. It will be remembered forever."

In the Royal Rumble match, Edge shared the ring with an old friend in Randy Orton and some new faces in Drew McIntyre, Roman Reigns, and AJ Styles. Christian discussed Edge's mindset on his future, revealing that Edge can't wait to work with fresh opponents.

"When talking to him before he came back, his mindset is already like, 'Man, I can get in the ring with Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, AJ Styles, Aleister Black.' All of these superstars that he's never had a chance (to wrestle). Dream matches. These are legit dream matches. The sky is the limit from here," he said.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote