View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 07:33 PM   #1218
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Will Ospreay, Rocky Romero & Amazing Red are getting an ROH Six-Man Tag Team title shot at Supercard of Honor XIV.

ROH has announced that Bandido, Flamita & Rey Horus will defend their Six-Man titles against Ospreay, Romero & Amazing Red at April's Supercard of Honor event. It's taking place at the RP Funding Center in Lakeland, Florida on Saturday, April 4.
Quote:
Independent wrestler Aja Perera (Aja Smith) has officially signed with WWE and joined the Performance Center as a referee.

Perera signing with WWE was first reported by Squared Circle Sirens. The news was then announced by WWE.com today, with them noting that Perera will be the first African-American full-time female referee in the company's history
Quote:
AEW has revealed this week's top-five rankings in their men's, women's, and tag team divisions:
Men's division --

Champion: Chris Jericho (0-0 singles record in 2020, 10-1-1 overall record)
  1. Jon Moxley (3-0 singles record in 2020, 8-1-1 overall record)
  2. Cody Rhodes (2-0 singles record in 2020, 9-3-1 overall record)
  3. PAC (1-1 singles record in 2020, 6-5-1 overall record)
  4. Kenny Omega (0-0 singles record in 2020, 13-5 overall record)
  5. Sammy Guevara (2-1 singles record in 2020, 6-7 overall record)

Women's division --

Champion: Riho (2-0 singles record in 2020, 10-2 overall record)
  1. Nyla Rose (2-1 singles record in 2020, 6-4 overall record)
  2. Hikaru Shida (1-1 singles record in 2020, 6-4 overall record)
  3. Kris Statlander (0-1 singles record in 2020, 4-3 overall record)
  4. Britt Baker (1-1 singles record in 2020, 8-5 overall record)
  5. Awesome Kong (1-0 singles record in 2020, 3-1 overall record)

Tag team division --

Champions: Kenny Omega & Hangman Page (3-0 tag team record in 2020, 13-5 overall record for Omega, 9-7 overall record for Page)
  1. SCU (1-1 tag team record in 2020, 14-5 overall record for Scorpio Sky, 13-4 overall record for Frankie Kazarian
  2. The Young Bucks (1-1 tag team record in 2020, 11-7 overall record for Nick Jackson, 11-6 overall record for Matt Jackson)
  3. Santana & Ortiz (0-1 tag team record in 2020, 7-4 overall record)
  4. The Dark Order (1-0 tag team record in 2020, 5-2 overall record)
  5. Best Friends (1-1 tag team record in 2020, 6-8 overall record for Chuck Taylor, 7-11 overall record for Trent Barreta)
Quote:
CM Punk's next appearance on WWE Backstage has been officially confirmed for next week.

On last night's episode of the show, it was announced that Punk will be part of the Backstage panel next Tuesday. It was also revealed that Women's Royal Rumble winner Charlotte Flair will be the featured guest on next Tuesday's show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
For those of you in the UK, NXT UK TV debuts tonight on Paramount Network UK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE's trademark application for EC3 was abandoned on 1/25 due to not responding to a notice of initial refusal issued on 7/24 last year within the allowed 6 month period.

Incidentally, the refusal was because EC3 already had a registered trademark himself on 4/23 last year.

WWE, if they choose to, can revive their own application at a later date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
On a recent edition of The WrestlingINC Daily podcast, former NXT U.K. talent Jazzy Gabert joined the show. Jazzy recently requested her release from WWE and during the podcast, she opened up about what led to that decision. While speaking about her time on NXT UK, Jazzy stated that the money in NXT U.K. is not that good.

“This is also the thing, I just came out of the injury, right? And before my injury, I was in so much pain. I guess I was walking around with this really bad neck for a while but I didn’t know this because I thought, ‘Hey, I’m a wrestler. Of course I’m in pain.’ For me, it was freaking normal and then when I signed the contract in 2017 I think, they found out that I had this bad neck, then I had the surgery, and straight after the surgery, like the next day, there was zero pain. I was like, ‘Woah! What is this? I have no pain at all,’ and like 2018, the whole year, I was not in pain and then 2019, I signed a contract with WWE again and I’m hitting the gym, I’m having muscle pain and I’m going to the ring, my back is hurting again. I’m like, ‘Wow, I miss not being in pain.’ It was kind of strange for me. I love this business so much, but I love being pain-free too. So for me, it wasn’t really worth it. Don’t get me wrong, NXT UK, I see it’s improving if you’re all working hard, but, it was too much sacrifice for me I think for what I was getting out of there. It’s not a secret but the money is not that good there, you know? And I think if I would’ve made a little bit more money that my life would be a little bit more easier. Then, of course I could say, ‘Okay, come on. Let’s do it. It’s worth it.’ But, yeah, it was too many things. It was not just one thing. It was many things that made me feel like, ‘Okay, it’s not worth it.”
Quote:
Prior to WWE Backstage going on live on FS1 on February 4th, the guest of the night, Drew McIntyre participated in the pre-show Q&A and when he was asked about the “Broken Dreams” theme song, he thinks it would be cool to bring it back for his WrestleMania match with Brock Lesnar.

“Oh, for WrestleMania? Oh that’s different. I keep seeing the Broken Dreams thing everyday. For years I’ve seen this on social media and people ask me this. It doesn’t work for my character and I love the song too, but it’s a little too slow. The lyrics kind of match my story so that’s interesting so I think WrestleMania would be a really cool place for it, and it would be cool that the crowd would probably know the words since I assume everyone knows every single word because you tweet me so often about it. So yes, Broken Dreams at Mania would be awesome.”
Quote:
As first reported by ‘Toy News International’, All Elite Wrestling action figures will be revealed at the New York toy fair on February 22nd. Wicked Cool Toys/Jazwares are behind the design of the action figures.
Quote:
While speaking with Scott Fishman of TV Insider, Jon Moxley talked about the story that he, Chris Jericho and AEW have been piecing together to build to their AEW World Title match at ‘Revolution’. Moxley made comparisons between AEW and WWE and talked about the differences between the two companies when it comes to telling stories.

“It’s what it’s supposed to be. That’s pro wrestling. That’s the kind of wrestling I enjoyed as a kid. That’s the thing, the difference for us is we don’t have to have 37 pay-per-views a year and 600 network specials every year. We have Dynamite every week but four or five pay-per-views a year. We can keep those high-quality, big matches for those. A big fight feel. I think some of that has been missing over the last few years when you have to rush through stories and car crash stuff and give away so much on TV. The gratifying part for me is that it’s so much easier. You don’t have to over-complicate things. The story is simple. You have professionals who know what they are doing, veteran guys. Sometimes you can take risks and try something out. Maybe it works or doesn’t. It’s always great to be willing to do that. The lack of 30 writers buzzing around with all this weird f—’in energy is the biggest difference. Instead of a 10-minute sports entertainment segment, at AEW I don’t have anyone bugging me with [a] 40-page script to memorize or drilled to me how it’s supposed to be done. It’s very stress-free when you just let guys do their jobs. It’s easier when you have more in command of the rudder of the ship. Better than having the wind blowing in 50 f—-’in directions.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
NXT Cruiserweight Champion Jordan Devlin is ready to bring NXT UK to Ireland.

Devlin has exploded in popularity over the past few months, earning more opportunities on NXT UK and coming up with an NXT Cruiserweight Championship victory at Worlds Collide.

Speaking to Scott Fishman of TV Insider, Devlin stated that he believes NXT UK is great for the European scene and he hopes to expand the brand into Ireland.

“It’s really good for the UK scene. It has breathed life into us," he said. "To have the UK Performance Center as well and learn from the best minds in the business...NXT UK has grown so much in the last three years. I couldn’t have imagined we’d be here if you’d ask me three years ago. Maybe we can be a company or brand that tours across Europe and not just the UK. I’d love to see NXT UK TakeOver Dublin. There is talk of maybe going to Germany and other parts of Europe. I’d love to take the show on the road. It would be awesome for the brand.”
The opposite has been happening at least in regards to his claims that NXT UK has been great for the UK and European wrestling scene.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote