View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 09:05 PM   #1224
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Raw increased eight percent from last week's low level with a show that did the best job of keeping the audience in a long time.

Raw averaged 2.34 million viewers, not far off the 2.40 million for the show the day after the Royal Rumble. But more important was the ratings pattern where for the first time since August 26, the audience grew in the second hour. This isn't unusual during daylight savings time but it is very unusual during standard time, particularly in the winter ...

The show was down five percent from the same week last year ...

In particular, the big winner was Angel Garza, whose match with Cedric Alexander was the high point of the show.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.40 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.41 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.20 million viewers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Raw was up 8% in total viewership with an average of 2,337,000 viewers on the USA Network. The show was likely assisted by avoiding the New Hampshire primary which takes place tonight while the Iowa primary was on Monday night last week ...

The key demographics saw growth across the board. In the 18-49 demo, Raw did a 0.80 up 19% from last week’s figure placing Raw as the top cable program on Monday night.

Adults 25-54 were also up big with an increase of 24% from last week followed by males and females 18-49 that jumped 18% each. There were no declines among the key demos, although adults over 50 didn’t budge with a 1.02 just as they did last week.
Quote:
Matt Riddle did a post-match promo after the NXT Las Vegas house show main event on Saturday and talked about how he was fired by Dana White (they were at The Pearl, a building UFC often runs), how some people don't like him, and that he would be the guy who retires Brock Lesnar. From what I'm told, NXT has given him permission to follow up on the Lesnar stuff.
Quote:
Wells Fargo has cut its target price for WWE stock from $80 to $36 due to all the concerns. The stock closed [Monday] today at $42.05 per share.
JPMorgan also recently downgraded WWE's stock value due to WWE's recent actions. As of 6:28PM today, WWE stocks were at $42.35 for after-hour trading.

Quote:
The guy who King Corbin poured the drink on Friday night on Smackdown was Markus Mack, the promoter of All Pro Wrestling in Northern California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Fale Dojo (Auckland, NZ) is now an official part of the New Japan Pro Wrestling training system. Going forward internationally, the Dojo will now be known as NJPW New Zealand Dojo, however, locally, we will maintain our Fale Dojo brand.
SPOILER: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
During their TV taping in Las Vegas last night, Impact Wrestling announced that Ken Shamrock would be inducted into their Hall of Fame during Bound for Glory weekend this October.

Shamrock, who returned to the promotion last year, was the first-ever NWA: TNA Champion, winning a Gauntlet Match to win the then-vacant NWA title in June 2002.

Spoiler tag used since its related to Impact's Hall of Fame inductee announcement this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESCoops.com
On the latest episode of his Jim Cornette Experience podcast, Jim Cornette goes into detail regarding his former business with the NWA. During the discussion, Cornette confirmed that the NWA was originally hoping for its programming to land on the WWE Network.

“The NWA show was what they were thinking was going to end up on the (WWE) Network,” said Jim Cornette.

“Then (Lagana) started talking about ‘well, we’re going to do a TV show,” Cornette said. “I said ‘what do you mean, Dave?’ He said ‘well, we’re going to start doing TV.’ I said ‘what would it be on?’ and he said ‘well we’re not sure yet but we think it might be on the WWE Network.”

“He did have meetings unless he was just bald-faced lying to me,” Cornette continued. Cornette then said he was skeptical about this actually happening.

“I said ‘do you honestly believe that the WWF is going to put an NWA television show on their network?'” Cornette said he asked Lagana.

“Finally, he called and said ‘Well, we’re going to do it on YouTube,'” Cornette said of his conversation with Lagana.

“Originally the NWA show was going to be on the WWE Network and then that didn’t work out and they put it on YouTube,” Cornette continued.
NWA also had considered the idea of being on ROH's HonorClub service before talks between the two sides broke down.

Quote:
The UFC’s Jon Jones told Sports Illustrated that he thinks it’s “inevitable” he’ll end up working with WWE in some form:

“I think it’s inevitable. I’ve always respected WWE, and I feel like the sports can be so similar.”

“I have the size and athleticism and the following to transition over really well. To get the opportunity to just show up, even as a special guest, would be a dream come true.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Interesting to note that for the week ending 2/2, MLW Fusion on Freesports brought in 16,8000 viewers, beating WWE NXT on BT Sport 2, which garnered 12,600 viewers that week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Davey Boy Smith Jr. announced today he would be debuting in All Japan Pro Wrestling, competing in the 2020 Champion Carnival tournament:

Very excited to announce that I will be participating in the 2020 All Japan Pro-Wrestling Champion Carnival! My father Davey Boy Smith, and also Dynamite Kid and Johnny Smith once competed in the same league. I plan on winning this one! ???????????????????????????????? pic.twitter.com/rMn9WCHZ1c
— Davey Boy Smith Jr. (@DBSmithjr) February 11, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Neilsen has conducted a study that shows in the fourth quarter of 2019, 19% of viewers watching TV spent that time on a streaming service. The study doesn’t include those watching on tablets or mobile devices and only monitored streaming on televisions. Of the streaming services, Netflix leads the way with 31% with connected-TV viewing followed by YouTube, Hulu, and Amazon. The study noted that 91% of the people that responded subscribe to a streaming service with 96% among those 18-34. It notes that 30% of consumers in the United States subscriber to three or more services.

Among adults over the age of 18, average daily viewing for live and time-shifted programs on TV fell 7% in the third quarter of 2019 at 3 hours and 56 minutes per day. Time spent watching connected-TV devices increased 17% to 55 minutes per day while viewing on smartphones increased 45% to sixteen minutes per day and viewing on computers stayed the same at seven minutes per day.
Link: https://variety.com/2020/digital/new...en-1203500634/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
NWA's The Circle Squared competition series has a premiere date.

During the most recent episode of Powerrr, Sean Mooney revealed that the show, which will see wrestlers perform in front of an audience in order to secure a contract to compete for the NWA, will premiere on February 18 at 6:05 p.m. ET. Mooney, who will host the show, also mentioned that Powerrr will take a one-week hiatus as a result and return on February 25.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Speaking with Wrestling Observer Radio, Cody Rhodes was asked about a second show being added to AEW's TNT schedule and admitted that although no formal discussions have happened with Warner Media, they are prepared for when the trigger is pulled on the third hour ...

One of the formats being considered would center directly around the younger men and women of AEW, saying it's hard enough for established talent to get on TV every week, and this would provide the company with an avenue to highlight countless up-and-coming talents with whom the audience is not yet entirely familiar ...

"Initially there was talk that it’ll be like Dark but on another channel. I don’t think it’ll be like Dark. I think it’s gonna be its own animal, and we would want that. We would want to test ourselves,” Cody said.

The conversation then pivoted towards secondary championships and when one might be introduced into AEW. Cody acknowledged that it is being discussed, but cautions that they're moving slowly.

"I think we have an idea that's different than anything that's been done and I would just hope that everyone remains patient. Their yearning, their lust for that type of belt - championship - I think will be satiated in 2020. Again, I'm not saying there's a mid-card title, because if I was to say that there is a mid-card title coming to AEW, Nick Jackson would superkick my skull clean off my head. We're moving slow. It's something that the EVP's all have to agree on, but there is a really great idea in gestation. There's a great idea out there. Hopefully something that maybe (will) come along with the third-hour news (as) that kind of becomes more prominent," Cody said.
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_A_4UFzN1s

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote