View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 10:29 PM   #792
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by The Conqueror of the US Roman Empire ... Chris Jericho:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Raw last night did 2.89 million viewers, a number that can't be considered bad going against the Alabama vs. Clemson college football championship game head-to-head ...

Raw only declined two percent from last week, likely due to the advertised appearances of Shawn Michaels and Undertaker. After both had appeared, there was a significant number of viewers who tuned out with a major third hour drop. Unlike usual, when the third hour drop is usually women viewers, last night it was males and in particular older males, which is probably directly attributable to the football game.

The good news is that Raw won't be against football until next fall, and WWE is coming up on its strongest part of the year. So starting next week, there should be a significant increase in male viewers in particular ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.01 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.02 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.69 million viewers
Small drop compared to last week but 3rd hour was among the worst ever for the 3 Hour Era. In terms of comparisons, same show last year had around 500k more viewers.

Quote:
The Undertaker became the 10th official entrant in the Royal Rumble match last night. Seth Rollins was also added to the match earlier in the day.
Quote:
WWE held a press conference in New Orleans today to promote that WrestleMania 34 will be taking place in the city in 2018. WWE uploaded a playlist of videos from the event.
Link to the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7gN...KOTR0LbY04s_bp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Vince McMahon was on crutched at the Wrestlemania Press Conference today in New Orleans. We are told that he underwent a surgical procedure recently and is still recovering
Quote:
Brock Lesnar will return to WWE TV in person on next week's Raw. Lesnar also appeared at yesterday's Winnipeg Jets hockey game.
Quote:
The former Big Damo's NXT name is now Killian Dain.
Quote:
PWG announced that their next show will take place on February 18th. Jay White will make his PWG debut against Marty Scurll, while Lio Rush faces Ricochet in his first match for the promotion. Also scheduled for the show: Zack Sabre Jr. puts his PWG title on the line against Chuck Taylor, Cody Rhodes returns against Trevor Lee, Jake Crist, Dave Crist & Sami Callihan take on The Young Bucks & Adam Cole, Jeff Cobb & Matt Riddle team against Michael Elgin & Brian Cage, and Rey Fenix faces Trent Barreta.
Quote:
AXS TV released another promo video for the Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega match from the Tokyo Dome that will air this Friday night. Jim Ross and Josh Barnett did the voice overs for the match today.
Quote:
Kenny Omega would've been the talk of the pro wrestling world after his instant classic against Kazuchika Okada at the Tokyo Dome regardless of what he did going forward ...

Omega further elaborated on his future in interviews with Sports Illustrated's Justin Barrasso and Tokyo Sports (thanks to a translation from Chris Charlton). In the SI interview, Omega addressed what's next for him in wrestling.

“I’m leaving to consider my future options,” Omega said. “Returning so quickly after a huge loss would be unwise. I’m finding my next plan of attack in wrestling rather than blindly rushing forward just to be in a ring.”

Omega also seemed to share a mutual admiration with Cena.

“John Cena is one of the great WWE talents that I respect most,” said Omega. “If I were to end up there, working with someone of his caliber would certainly be a goal and jive with my mission of changing wrestling. I’m glad to be on his radar, but I haven’t made any decisions regarding my future yet.”

While closing the interview, Omega claimed that he hasn't yet signed a new contract with any promotion.

“I fear that everyone has taken my words too literally," Omega said. "Yes, I’m out of the country and off of shows, but I haven’t signed any new contracts yet. After such a huge loss, I didn’t want to just hang around and take part in meaningless matches. I’m only interested in changing the business, so I’m thinking carefully about what’s next.”

No matter what's to come for Omega, all of his comments have seemed to be layered in kayfabe. That was true for the Tokyo Sports interview as well, where Omega noted that he has to rethink things after his Dome loss and said that he would be taking time off from NJPW.
Omega's current contract with NJPW ends at the end of this month.

Quote:
The WWE officially announced the Mercedes-Benz Superdome as the host for the 2018 WrestleMania, which takes place on April 8th, 2018, to avoid Easter which is the previous Sunday, when the show would normally take place.

New Orleans got the news only a few weeks ago. City officials went to the WWE in early 2016 with a presentation, which included a taped video using Drew Brees to try and convince WWE officials to give them the bid.

New Orleans city officials pushed that WrestleMania would be promoted by the city as part of its tricentennial year celebration. New Orleans was open to future years, since it just housed the event in 2014, but really pushed the celebration year angle to WWE officials.

The decision was made only a few weeks ago, rather than months ahead of the public announcement, which is why it only recently leaked out.
Quote:
Enzo Amore suffered a legit knee injury on 12/30 in Los Angeles. He was on the road this weekend in Cass' corner but was limping pretty heavily. No timetable for a return past he will be reevaluated in two weeks.
Quote:
WWE’s Michelle Wilson said that the WWE Network offering downloadable content and offline viewing is “definitely on the roadmap.”
Quote:
NJPW owner Takaaki Kidani explained why the company is running two G1 specials in California in July: "The reason why we decided to go to US is what WWE did to us one years ago. I'm really frustrated. That's the reason." Kidani is referring to WWE signing AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Karl Anderson, and Luke Gallows after last year’s Tokyo Dome show.
Quote:
Rey Mysterio will appear for What Culture Pro Wrestling in Newcastle on April 29th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former ROH champion Kyle O'Reilly has been pulled from the lineup for this weekend's ROH TV Taping in Atlanta, GA at The Centerstage Theater. O'Reilly has been replaced in the announced main event by his ReDragon partner, Bobby Fish.

Fish will team with Jay Lethal against Cody Rhodes and ROH champion Adam Cole. As we noted several days ago, Fish signed a short-term extension with the company as they work on a longer form contract.

O'Reilly's ROH contract expired on 12/31/16 and we are told that he is taking time off to evaluate his future options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
World Wrestling Entertainment has hired Vic Travagliante, the voice of House of Hardcore, to be the latest member of their announcing team, PWInsider.com has learned. His will be rechristened Vic Joseph.
According to PWI, he's currently planned to join the NXT commentary crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Deadline.com reported today that Universal Pictures have acquired the feature film comedy "The Pact" which will Star John Cena. The film is planned for a 4/28/18 release theatrically, just a few weeks after Wrestlemania 34 in New Orleans.
Pretty much adds another break planned for Cena to join his pile for 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
A one-day exhibition of the XFL Hall of Fame, celebrating the lone season of the winter football league owned and operated by WWE will take place this Saturday 1/14 in New York City at the Helen Mills Event Space and Theater in Chelsea, featuring memorabilia and mementos from the league as well as special appearances from former XFL players. The HOF will be free to visit.

The Hall of Fame is designed to help promote the ESPN 30 For 30 documentary "This Was The XFL", which will debut on 2/2 over Super Bowl weekend and is said to feature the revelation that Vince McMahon has had early discussions with Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones about the idea of creating a new "minor league" football league.

Some other sheet news includes:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote