View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 04:08 PM   #52
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Miz
What's so funny? It's not my fault everyone likes to sell the Mets short.

The offensive has been explosive, getting a lot of hits and a lot of runs. Even the bench has been doing some good hitting. The starters have been throwing tremendously, and even Victor Zambrano has been looking decent. The infield has been consistent with the defense, and the outfield has had very few errors. Most importantly, everyone seems to be in great health outside of Mike Cameron. However, just like last year, the biggest concern is the bullpen.

Braden Looper is set at closer, but the bridge to get to him will consist of Mike DeJean, Manny Aybar, Roberto Hernandez, Mike Matthews, Dae-Sung Koo, and Felix Heredia. Not only is that 3 lefties, but it's not even the best 'pen they could create with the guys they had in ST, IMO.

To say that I'm not worried about the 'pen would be a complete lie, but I don't think they'll be as horrible as everyone thinks they will be. Everyone seems to enjoy ripping the 'pen apart, but I think they'll prove everyone wrong and do a decent enough job.

Bottom Line: The Mets can and will get it done. Can't wait for the season to start.

Last edited by Evil Vito; 04-02-2005 at 05:36 PM.