View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 07:01 PM   #133
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan X View Post
I'm not going to slay AEW over booking Mr. Brodie Lee in a PPV main event this soon because I know there is a chance the match could be so good I won't ever think about that again. But, I am not pumped for the match beyond my curiosity. I really think AEW should have booked MJF to face Moxely and get served and dropped like a ton of bricks. With his first big loss he would have to regroup and lick his wounds and reaccess. He certainly doesn't need to have the honor of "getting the title on his first chance". That's a babface deal. He would have sold this PPV 10x better than Mr. Brodie Lee I think.

I will buy the show, but this is the first PPV AEW has done where a part of me is kinda pissed about it.
I'd assume AEW doesn't want to blow off that potential high profile feud and match for an empty arena show that has had build issues due to the coronavirus wrecking whatever was their original plans for Blood & Guts and Double or Nothing.

Ideally, they'd just scrap Double or Nothing and have a big tv special instead but apparently their PPV deal doesn't allow them to skip events nor charge less for major shows. They probably could have just tact on an extra event later in the year to make up for it but they didn't want to mess up their schedule nor run into similar rushed booking issues down the line for it.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote