Thread: Ratings Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 06:22 PM   #1401
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
I think empty arena shows have gone pretty much as far as they can go in all companies. Even when you try to shoot things creatively or have the other wrestlers serve as an unofficial audience, the lack of a proper crowd really saps a lot of the energy away from everything.

I do think that once things are "normal" again, everyone will get back some of their viewers who decided to take a break. The problem is I don't know if they'll get back everybody because some people will have found other things to do especially as this drags on longer and longer.
Between WWE, AEW, Impact, and AAA that have held empty arena shows, WWE hit that wall the fastest. Only real option left is to pump in fake crowd noise or have a virtual crowd like the idea WWE had. Even then, that might only buy a few more weeks depending on the company before hitting the wall again.

In regards to crowds coming back, that's been the big concern ever since these empty arena shows started. Current speculation is WWE likely is gong to suffer the most based on past history whenever they bled away viewers. NXT probably won't be hurt that much but RAW and SD probably going to be lucky if they get like half of their lost audience back.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote