View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 05:50 PM   #2149
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
It'd actually be a useful archive to mine. It's like WCW for them, only less hurtful. They can do a Samoa Joe special, an AJ Styles one, a Sting one, a Kurt Angle one, a Bobby Lashley one. They can do a "What the fuck happened?" where they have the guys shoot on how incompetent it was. They can do a "What is its legacy?" and try and be optimistic about it. WWE have never really spoken about TNA, so it'd be interesting to hear them unload the gun. Getting Jim Ross to appear and take shots at the name of the promotion, for example. Hearing people go off on the email scandal and how hilarious it was they got kicked off Spike. It's actually a really amusing story. One of the best pops in recent memory was Angle telling Owens & Zayn that "TNA was hiring." There's something in it.

There's the PPV archive, which has some memorable stuff. They can do like a Mystery Science Theater 3000 type thing and have wrestlers do commentary over the shows. Just pay Jim Cornette and Bruce Prichard a bunch of money to sit in a studio on and do commentary over them. I'm not even being insincere with that idea.

Going through the roster, there is barely anyone worth taking. Again, I'm not being insincere. The talent that are good have either been in WWE before and were cut for reasons or are basically confirmed to be heading there. Maybe they give another look at Brian Cage or Evan Bourne. John Morrison is there, but he probably had an open door to go back anyway. I could see Sonjay Dutt going there, because they love snatching up Indian guys. Maybe Zema Ion for a Filipino team with TJP? The rest are either scrubs or have backgrounds involving domestic violence. So it's not like you even have the problem of where to put all the talent you'd be buying.

But yeah, it fills it the gaps and gives the WWE more footage. The good stuff can be presented as good, but the bad stuff can be presented as hilariously bad. Think The Rise and Fall of ECW, but with a satirical tone.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote