View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 09:33 PM   #2157
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Rasslin Dancing Appreciation Day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Roman Reigns, and Brock Lesnar are featured in the matches that have been uploaded to the WWE Network's hidden gems section this week.

Styles and Joe's matches are from 2001, with Styles facing Rick Michaels in a WWE dark match and Joe taking on Tommy Dreamer for Ultimate Pro Wrestling in California. Reigns' is from 2011 and against Corey Graves, when Reigns was Leakee in WWE's Florida Championship Wrestling developmental territory.

Lesnar's match is a 2003 title defense against the "American Badass" version of The Undertaker during an overseas tour in Finland.

The theme for the uploads is featuring the four wrestlers who will be in the WWE and Universal Championship matches at SummerSlam on Sunday.
Link: http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2018/0...s-highlighted/

Quote:
Elias tweeted that his concert at the Gramercy Theatre in New York City on Saturday has been canceled: “WWE Management insisted I postpone my solo concert this Saturday in New York City, however they have given me the opportunity to perform that concert live at Summer Slam.”
Link: https://twitter.com/IAmEliasWWE/stat...06158932459521

Quote:
Seth Rollins spoke to Sports Illustrated about The Rock potentially working WrestleMania and if he’d like to face him: “That’s cool, too. Don’t get me wrong. I love Rocky. I think he’s great. Love everything he’s done for this business. But my gut, my first instinct, says we don’t need him. We don't need him. If we’re not the guys who can main event WrestleMania, then how are we ever gonna be The Rock? How are we gonna be Stone Cold Steve Austin? We can’t hold onto these guys forever. We just can’t. To me, let’s do Seth Rollins-Roman Reigns before we do Seth Rollins-The Rock. That's me.”
Link: https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/08...restelmania-35

Quote:
Charly Caruso, Sam Roberts, and Pat McAfee will again be the pre-show panel for NXT TakeOver on Saturday. The pre-show starts at 6 p.m. Eastern time, with the main card beginning at 7 p.m.
Quote:
Indies Roundup:
ROH has announced Los Ingobernables de Japon member EVIL for their post-Death Before Dishonor television tapings at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas on September 29. Like with KUSHIDA, he’s just announced for the tapings and not the PPV. The tapings are taking place one day before NJPW’s Fighting Spirit Unleashed show in Long Beach.

A rematch between Marty Scurll and Shane “Hurricane” Helms, Hangman Page vs. Kenny King, Women of Honor Champion Sumie Sakai vs. Tasha Steelz in a non-title proving ground match (Steelz gets a future title shot if she wins), Trent Barreta & Chuck Taylor vs. The Boys, and Vinny Marseglia & TK O’Ryan vs. Coast 2 Coast have been added to ROH’s TV tapings in Philadelphia on August 25.

Revolution Pro Wrestling announced Rocky Romero, Sho & Yoh vs. El Phantasmo & Aussie Open for their show at the Portsmouth Guildhall on September 7.

Johnny Impact (John Hennigan) issued a challenge to the Bullet Club for Chris Jericho’s Rock ‘N’ Wrestling cruise this October.

The full TripleMania card is scheduled to be announced on 8/21, or just four days before the show, at a press conference. That has to be a record. Right now it’s all about the four-way mask match with L.A. Park, Pentagon Jr., Psycho Clown and El Hijo del Fantasma as the only real strong draw
ROH: https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ev...v-taping-vegas , RevPro: https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/1029779215938404352 , Jericho Cruise: https://twitter.com/jericho_cruise/s...67432831410178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Wrestling Sheet
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Justin Credible is behind bars for violating a protective order.

According to authorities in Connecticut, Credible was taken into custody on Tuesday and is currently being held on a $7,500 bond.

It’s unclear at this time what the 44-year-old did to violate a protective order, he was also booked for disorderly conduct, but there was an order issued for his wife last year following a domestic dispute.

Credible’s last tweet was on Monday evening. “Welcomening,” he wrote. “The beginning of blood lost sacrifice dreams and hatred. This is become the new show I love lust Hatred and the dreams. There is a new leg and nothing in between where clowns we are just yours we are killers among men welcome to the blood lost faith in dreams.”

We’ll report back once more information is made available by authorities.
Quote:
The next participant in All In’s pre-show battle royal is none other than Billy Gunn.

Gunn was the seventh participant announced for All In’s Over Budget battle royal. He joins Brian Cage (who was announced for the battle royal yesterday), Jordynne Grace, Ethan Page, Colt Cabana, Moose and Rocky Romero. There will be fifteen competitors overall.

The winner of the pre-show battle royal will get a shot at the Ring of Honor world title later on the main card. The pre-show itself, called Zero Hour, will air on WGN America starting at 6 p.m. EDT. The Briscoes taking on the SCU contingent of Christopher Daniels and Scorpio Sky will also take place on the pre-show. Other names slated include Beretta, Chucky T, Dalton Castle and Moose.
Link: https://twitter.com/ALL_IN_2018/stat...27763364593664

Quote:
In a new interview, Daniel Bryan noted that he was leaning towards staying with the WWE.

Bryan was on the Sam Roberts podcast when Roberts noted that since Bryan is featured in the new WWE 2K19 video game, that he might be staying with the WWE beyond September 1 when his contract expires. Bryan said that he didn’t want to give too many details, but did give a probability of the chances of that happening.

“I think at this point it would be 90-plus percent,” he told Roberts. “It’s very likely I’ll re-sign with WWE.”

Bryan further noted that as of the show’s recording, which would be around August 6, that he had not re-signed with the company yet and that it might be a few weeks before negotiations were completed.
Link: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/sam...ast/e/55805679

Quote:
Almost seven months after joining WWE, Ronda Rousey is thinking about extending how long she wants her pro wrestling career to be.

"I love this way more than I ever thought I would," Rousey told ESPN this week.

"We had a set timeline set, and now we aren't so sure about it because I love it so much," Rousey said. "I guess that's the best thing that could've happened, that I would love it so much it would be so hard to stop. I can see why people have a hard time leaving this industry because it's such a joy to be a part of every day."

ESPN noted that the "set timeline" was because Rousey, who is married to UFC fighter Travis Browne and has two stepsons with him, intends to start a family. During the interview, she joked about maybe having her baby be her manager in WWE when that happens.

Rousey is signed to a multi-year contract with WWE.
Link: http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/2...end-wwe-career

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Legendary singer and songwriter Aretha Franklin, the internationally renowned "Queen of Soul" passed away this morning from pancreatic cancer. She was 76 years old.

Franklin made several appearances at WWE's flagship PPV event, Wrestlemania. Franklin opened the iconic Wrestlemania III at the Pontiac Silverdome in 1987, performing "America the Beautiful" with Vince McMahon introducing her.

When Wrestlemania returned to Detroit, Michigan twenty years later in 2007, Franklin returned to again perform the song ...

WWE issued the following:

WWE is saddened to learn that legendary singer and songwriter Aretha Franklin has passed away. The multi-time Grammy Award winner performed a rousing rendition of “America the Beautiful” at WrestleMania III and again at WrestleMania 23. WWE extends its condolences to her family, friends and fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
There was a question in today's Ask PWInsider about who takes over WWE if Vince can't continue. Trips and Steph were mentioned as taking over creative. Folks at PWInsider have often stated that the wished Shane McMahon would have more control. What's his status "company" wise, and, what the possibility of his inheriting some control?

Shane McMahon has no power from a corporate sense. He is a performer, no different from any other pro wrestler on the roster, although he does get to give his creative input and has helped put together big matches, including Royal Rumbles together. He is not currently an executive for the company.
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
On Thursday’s edition of the “Art of Wrestling” podcast, Colt Cabana acknowledged the lawsuit that was filed last week against CM Punk but wasn’t going to discuss it in any detail. He did state that the story of him being backstage a WWE house show after the lawsuit by Dr. Amann had been filed, was incorrect. Cabana stated the last time he was at a WWE show was probably around four years ago when he recorded a podcast with Hornswoggle.
Link: https://soundcloud.com/coltcabana

Quote:
The Ring of Honor/New Japan Pro Wrestling show on 4/6 in Madison Square Garden sold out on 8/10 less than 19 minutes after the public on-sale began ... While ROH officials would not release a gate number, it was confirmed to be well in excess of $1 million, making it the largest gate for a non-WWE pro wrestling gate not only in the United States, but likely anywhere in the world except for the Far East.

The previous largest gate for a non-WWE show in North America was $1 million, set on September 11, 2014, for the Atlantis vs. Ultimo Guerrero mask vs. mask mach at Arena Mexico. The largest ever in the United States was $930,735 set on January 4, 1999, for an episode of Nitro at the Georgia Dome. The Hulk Hogan vs. Bill Goldberg gate at the Georgia Dome months earlier was $906,330. It is possible this would be the second largest gate ever for a pro wrestling show in Madison Square Garden for wrestling, trailing WrestleMania 20 that did $2,401,000. It was the fastest sellout since WrestleMania 20 in Madison Square Garden, and second fastest of all-time. It sold out farther in advance than any pro wrestling event at the Garden. And it was the first Madison Square Garden sellout for pro wrestling since 2015.
Quote:
Regarding Penta 0M and Rey Fenix, who WWE has expressed interest in, they are under contract to Lucha Underground. They have told promoters they are working for that the deal would end with this season, as there was an opt-out. If that’s the case, they would be free agents roughly six months after the last episode of the current season ends. Obviously several companies, AAA and Impact (who work together) would like to sign them up and both are strongly in AAA’s plans going forward. So they are another set of wrestlers to watch.

The thing is with Fenix is that we’ve already seen with Gran Metalik what can happen with a super high flyer, although Fenix speaks good English and Penta is learning, and Penta cuts an awesome Spanish promo. Still, we’ve had people bring up Metalik and Super Crazy (who was a super worker when he went to WWE and did nothing there, although this is a very different generation when it comes to open mindedness regarding talent) and also noted that Penta’s physique and size aren’t the type that Vince McMahon would normally push
Quote:
Week three of World of Sport on ITV on 8/11 fell to 539,000 viewers, another 11 percent drop. It was hurt because Premiere League soccer started this past weekend. When you figure that ITV was doing 1.5 million viewers with a game show in that time slot, this is really bad. ITV’s goal for the time slot would be second place, but it was only in fifth place including losing to a soccer game on BT Sports that did 546,000 viewers. BT Sports is a sports subscription channel while ITV is the No. 2 broadcast network available in virtually all homes.

One major U.K. wrestling figure said that besides all the quick camera cuts, the problem is they’ve made no connection between the audience and the characters, which is one of the reasons for the declining numbers. Even in shows like Ninja Warriors on ITV, they give you vignettes to introduce everyone. An issue is that those involved with the show react to all the criticism with the idea it’s not designed for hardcore wrestling fans, but for the general public. The problem, and this goes for the U.S. and the U.K., is that there is a hardcore audience that is more into wrestling than ever before and more willing to pay for it, but as far as the casual audience goes, it’s never been smaller except during the low points in industry history
Quote:
It appears Rey Mysterio Jr. has either actually signed here or if not pen to paper, it’s now virtually a sure thing he’s coming. Northeast Wrestling posted that he has pulled out of his 8/24 date in Pittsfield, MA due to WWE contractual obligations. In actuality, WWE was wanting him to rest up and not risk a knee injury before he starts up and while we don’t know the start date, he is not doing any shows after 9/2. Because he’s been gone every weekend, the feeling was to limit his dates and he did a farewell to Northeast Wrestling at the Wappingers Falls, NY show, and with Japan and All In, it was an agreement with all parties involved to have him not work the date to allow him to rest up, since he doesn’t want to miss All In.

The Crash never got Rey back to drop their world heavyweight title to Bestia 666, which seemed to be a direction at one point. WWE wants to announce his signing on their own and throughout this I was told that if he signs, nobody can say anything until WWE makes the announcement. He has been very close to a deal for months and pretty much everyone considered it just working out final terms and that he’d be there very soon. He is still doing All In and the last date he has left on his schedule at this point is a 9/2 show in Chicago for Warrior Wrestling, so the teased New Japan stuff done over the past few months for matches with Marty Scurll, Kazuchika Okada, Jushin Liger and Will Ospreay isn’t happening unless something drastic changes
Quote:
All the social media teases regarding The Four Horsewomen are that they are planning a Four Horsewomen vs. Four Horsewomen match at Survivor Series, which takes place 11/18 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. This was also planned and angles were shot for that in 2017, but they didn’t do it then. But now there is definitely talk of it we’ve heard from several people and teases are being sent out. Whether they pull the trigger on it or not, who knows, since even though both are getting heavily praised, Marina Shafir has only had two matches so far and Jessamyn Duke hasn’t had anything but practice matches. Both are being brought to Takeover this weekend.

The feeling is Rousey is great on the big stage when the match is completely laid out, Shayna Baszler is clearly ready, Shafir had a successful debut built around using her judo which she does well, and Duke is getting real raves for her potential. A few different people told me that in the end, she’s going to end up as the best of the four. Having said that, since personality is so much a part of this, I don’t know how she’s going to be able to be her character like Baszler is, because Baszler does that better than almost anyone at the same stage, and Rousey is still learning but she’s got a superstar aura that nobody can teach and few can create. It’s also a potential match a few weeks earlier for Evolution, although the date we were told was Survivors at Staples Center
Quote:
Ultimo Ninja is in Orlando already but Garza Jr., who was supposed to be in, still hasn’t arrived. I do know that he was worried that when doing medicals that he was worried that his shoulder could be a problem and we’ve heard talk he may not be coming in at all. The Garza Jr. thing may have fallen apart due to that injury. I was told this past week that they didn’t think he was coming in. Garza Jr. then said in Mexico that he won’t be wrestling for four to six months, but is still looking for bookings and meet and greets and was announced as a referee at the next Crash show
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
We now know why Matt Hardy has been teasing changes to his WWE status in a series of recent cryptic tweets. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Hardy is scheduled to take some time off due to injuries.

Hardy recently revealed that his lower back and pelvis have started fusing together, and while the pain isn't too bad, it is frustrating. Hardy is planning on starting new training rehab methods that should help with the pain.

Hardy and Bray Wyatt's match against The Revival and RAW Tag Team Champions The B Team on Monday's RAW was done as the blow-off to The Deleters of Worlds tag team, as Hardy teased in his post-show tweet with Wyatt.

There has been talk of Hardy shadowing WWE producers to "learn the ropes" with the idea of him working a producer job in the future.

Hardy is scheduled to undergo treatments for his various injuries and after that is done, a decision will be made in regards to a possible ring return, what capacity he might return in and if he will have to work a limited schedule.
Quote:
The three indie wrestlers who worked as The Triple Threat for the handicap squash with SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Bludgeon Brothers on Tuesday's show were local talents Brad Attitude, Matt Lynch and ChrisifiX.

The indie wrestler who lost to Hideo Itami on this week's WWE 205 Live episode was local talent Tracer X, who used the name Trent Newman.
Quote:
Randy Orton apparently joked about some of the recent allegations against him during the dark main event at Tuesday's WWE TV tapings in Greenville, South Carolina ...

Orton approached some of the WWE staffers at ringside before the match and offered his hand for a shake, shaking the hand of one guy while laughing. The whole group then broke out in laughter.

This appeared to be a crack at the recent sexual harassment allegations against the WWE veteran. Former WWE writer Court Bauer noted in an older MLW Podcast that Orton would greet new WWE creative writers by putting his hand down his pants, pulling out his penis, touching himself and then introducing himself ...

Those allegations recently resurfaced on Reddit and were picked up by mainstream media outlets. WWE responded to media inquires and noted that they were looking into the matter but it's believed that there will be no action taken. The reaction from Orton and the WWE crew members could be a sign of how the allegations are being looked at within the company.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • For those interested, Sports Illustrated had a recent article on the history of the Dave Meltzer's star ratings system and the effect its had on the wrestling industry. https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/08...tings-wwe-njpw
  • Impact Wrestling recently announced the card for their next One Night Only PPV event on August 25th. https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...-view.html?p=1
  • According to the Observer, Batista is considering the idea of one more run in the WWE before officially retiring from wrestling.
  • Recent rumor going online hints at WWE, Warrior's estate, or someone else has been quietly white washing Warrior's bigoted past from the internet. Got discovered by Deadspin's David Bixenspan while he was working on an upcoming episode for his podcast show. https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1029935765445390337

Some stuff from TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote