Thread: Mass Effect 3
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 01:03 PM   #882
Frank Drebin
Large Marge sent me

Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The ending was piss poor. They left alot on the table (remember the whispers of dark matter and that sun prematurely dying in ME2?) and alot of stuff didn't make sense (Why was the star child the same kid Shep had been seeing in his dreams?)

The decisions that were given such gravity in ME1/2 never really came to fruition. You could have killed the Rachni Queen in ME1 and it would have done little other than a few diologue changes and a few less war points in ME3. The Genophase? They spent alot of time on that leaving you hand-wringing on what to do. After all that, all you got was one of two pictures to give you any kind of hint as to what happens with the Krogan race, and that was only in the extended cut. Keeping the Collector Base or Destroying it? No effect whatsoever.

The makers said they didn't want to punish people for making certain choices, but we made them having a pretty good idea which were "good" or "bad" for business if you will. Like alot of people, I made both a paragon and renegade to see what all the differences would lead to. I WANTED TO BE PUNISHED FOR MAKING RENEGADE CHOICES!

Did it ruin the entire series? Yes and no. No in that it was indeed a great ride (saying its all in the journey and not the ending is bullshit for this kind of series and medium) and I was on the edge of my seat the whole time save for the last part. Yes, in that if we had gotten an ending we were due, I would be going all the way back to ME1 to do it all over again because it would have been the be all end all of story telling. Now, they are just going to gather dust and I'm done with them all.
Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote