View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 08:02 PM   #2110
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 View Post
Prove that she was a man? The fact that she's transgender, as in transitioned from one gender to her current, is proof. Why are you so bad at this?
Some trans people don’t identify with a fixed gender. Plenty of non-binary trans people. But we’re not talking about constructed gender here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 View Post
Lmao "assigned" gender as if the doctor is sitting there trying to decide what declare. Nyla was born wth a penis. She's built like a man. She wasn't assigned her gender by a doctor. She was biologically born a male, with male genitalia. Whether or not she ever felt like a man, or identified as one, is irrelevant. Regardless of how she felt, she was born a man. She wasn't assigned to that gender group as if she was being picked for a team to play dodgeball on.
Plenty of women with penises, my dude. Not all the information about what is happening to someone is obvious and observable at birth. Assigning sex is totally a thing.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/le...ender-identity

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_assignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL View Post
“Assigned Male Status” is one of the weirdest phrases I have ever heard. That said, I’ve not taken the time that Noid has to research/understand the innumerable complexities of the transgender individual.
It’s definitely a weird-sounding term if you aren’t used to it. Most people don’t think about this sort of stuff, because they don’t really need to. It’s only a small percentage of people it applies to and what ever. Normally you can differentiate sex based on phenotypical information. It’s just a small asterisk that hey, you can’t always 100%. Listen to how people like Rey are talking like they were actually in the room or watched Nyla grow up. It’s kind of pervasive, without meaning to be. And they’re so angry about it. So many people insist the existence of Nyla’s penis. And putting up your hand and saying “yo, it’s not necessarily like that” gets you ridiculed. No evidence to the contrary. The best point raised so far is “she’s transgender, so she must have been something else first.” A trick of words, not science.

I don’t know when she started transitioning. I don’t know when she realized “I am a woman.” I don’t know if she ever felt comfortable being called a male, or if it was always something her brain — real fucking scientific synapses — always rejected. I don’t need to. I’m not the one saying she scientifically used to be male. The onus is on the hypothesis to be provable.

When in the second grade, XL had an awkward experience with a girl. I don’t know this. I’m guessing based on what I know about growing up. It’s probable that you did at some point that year. I’ve been very unspecific as to what they experience is. It’s not scientific though. And if you came back and said “Actually, nah, it was a great year and nothing like that happened,” should I be completely shocked? And should I be so goddamn mad that you’re not making it so fucking simple for me. You wrote a book called “My Awkward Young Years” for crying out loud.

I dunno, it seems simple to me. Biological sex is sometimes, not always, more complicated than a binary. Gender is constructed, but sex is determined. That is determined by genealogical and environmental factors. Those factors are fact, but they don’t mean any assumption built off them is fact. If Nyla weighted 230lbs, that is a fact. Nyla weights 230lbs because she likes cheese sandwiches is an assumption until you know she’s 230lbs because she eats cheese sandwiches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
Noids thought process is amazing, how in the hell he went from trans people to trees I'll never know. At least now we all know that if a painting of a tree is actually a painting of a photo of a tree than it's not scientifically a tree.
Fan, you are literally a nationalist piece of shit that doesn’t understand why someone would care about what happens to someone else in another part of the world. And you’re an Eli Drake fan. You have no input as to anything ever. You’ve struggled with what analogies are before too.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote