View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #2188
DaveBrawl
Inconceivable

DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)DaveBrawl got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
DC Comics plans to reintroduce a character as gay in a future issue, it has been revealed.

Co-publisher Dan DiDio previously said that the company would not change the sexual orientation of an existing superhero and would bring in a new one altogether.

But at Kapow Comic Convention in London on Sunday, he revealed that an existing character - who was previously assumed to be straight - will become ‘one of our most prominent gay characters’, according to comic blog BleedingCool.com.

Senior VP Sales Bob Wayne said DiDio’s view ‘had evolved’, comparing the shift to Barack Obama’s recent endorsement of same-sex marriage.

DiDio did not specify which character would ‘come out’ or in which issue it would be featured.

But Courtney Simmons, DC Entertainment’s senior vice president of publicity, told ABC News that it would be soon.

'One of the major iconic DC characters will reveal that he is gay in a storyline in June,' Simmons told the network.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1vbe0ReAM
That's fine and all, but what I don't get (aside from the sales/PR bump for the next few issues) is why do they need to go into the characters love lives? Or at least change it up some. It seldom amounts to anything anyway except for use as some boring page filler and they usually end up in the same fashion with the guy saving the day, but losing the girl because he was late for a date.

Of course I was also opposed to Damien Wayne/the idea of Robin in general and Daken so what do I apparently know?

Although as I was thinking about this I doubt this is really a "iconic" character that they are relaunching. If it was they would likely be out already and aside from Captain Marvel and maybe the Manhunter or one of the lesser Green Lanterns they have pretty much brought out all of the "iconic" names I believe.
DaveBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote