View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 06:04 PM   #15
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
R-Truth is pretty fucking annoying. Good on the guy for having a career as long as he has. Who would have thought fucking K-Kwik would go on to become a guy they would eventually put in their token black Hall of Fame spot one day? Or work The Rock's first match back with the company in 7 years, for that matter?

I've taken up for R-Truth in the past. He's never had a great match or cut a truly great promo. He's been solid in the ring at times and is a good little soldier. As a babyface he does the parrot stuff that they think is great for warming up crowds. He was actually an interesting heel in 2011. At the time I thought they weren't sure how long they could get out of him, but here he is, another 7 years later.

The dude is 46 years old. He's almost as old as Triple H. He still looks phenomenal. For a guy with problems in his past, he's clearly overcome a lot and worked hard. I understand why they keep a spot for him. And you can tell by the "comedy" they have him do (fucking Pretty Ricky and the current shitty dance break stuff), his outmoded sense of humor pops Vince. He's a reminder of the longevity you can have by being a cog in the machine. Plus the dude has 5 kids, so Vince probably thinks of him as a virile young man.

That being said -- I have absolutely no interest or desire in seeing much more of the guy or watching a collection of the dude's work. He's a good story and maybe I'd actually check out a documentary on the guy's life and struggles. So far it seems to be a happy story.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote