View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 06:30 PM   #5010
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The more I read about James Tynion's upcoming run on Batman the more I am looking forward to it.

Quote:

The writer describes Batman going forward as an "action horror superhero comic book," where the villains will be frightening - as will Batman.

"The villains of Gotham fear him, and he is going to take that fear and wield it like a weapon to get his city back under control," writes Tynion. "Batman doesn’t just show up in broad daylight to scare his villains, he uses tricks and shadows, and voice modulation to make it seem like he can be anywhere and everywhere at once."

"To the bad guys, Batman is like Michael Myers," Tynion writes, referring to the Halloween villain. "He keeps getting up when it shouldn’t be possible to get up anymore. How can you win against him? You’d have to be crazy to try."

"He has just faced tremendous failure in the last year of story," Tynion wrote, referring to the current "City of Bane" arc. "He lost his City, and lost his way… But now that he’s back, he has an almost manic intensity. He is going to fix things. He’s going to make it so nobody like Bane can ever do this to the city again.

"With Selina on his arm, the 'Playboy' Bruce is dead," Tynion continues. "Every waking minute is dedicated to the rebuild of Gotham City, both as Bruce Wayne and as Batman. He is in control of every room he enters, and people are a little frightened of him.

https://www.newsarama.com/47978-tyni...tham-city.html
Plus Tony Daniel is one of my favorite Bat artists so I am really glad he is back on the main Bat book.

slik is offline   Reply With Quote