View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 10:45 PM   #492
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Talking Smack:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Despite much of the focus being on this Sunday's Survivor Series pay-per-view, WWE is already making plans for next year's event.

The Houston Chronicle reported on Wednesday night that Survivor Series 2017 is set to take place at the Toyota Center in Houston, TX. Like this year's show, WWE is planning a marathon weekend around the "big four" PPV but will instead run four straight nights in the building in 2017.

The Toyota Center also confirmed the news on Twitter.

Kicking off the weekend will be an NXT TakeOver special, which is set for Saturday, November 18th. Survivor Series, Raw, and SmackDown will then take place on successive nights. Tickets for Survivor Series go on sale at 11 a.m. ET on December 9th, and WWE will also have travel packages for the event going on sale at 12 p.m. ET on December 6th.
WWE might end up doing something special since it would the 30th anniversary of the ppv.

Quote:
Having experimented with three straight nights of action at Wrestlemania and SummerSlam, WWE will expand out their micro-takeover plan for cities, starting with April's WrestleMania 33, according to ESPN business reporter Darren Rovell.

After announcing that the 2017 Survivor Series would see four straight nights of WWE-owned action, Rovell reported Thursday that the four-in-four approach will expand out to all of their "Big Four" events: Mania, Royal Rumble, Survivor Series, and SummerSlam.

That would mean NXT TakeOver shows on Saturday, WWE's PPV on Sunday, Raw on Monday, and SmackDown on Tuesday. Packages for all four nights will be made available.

As discussed on Wednesday's Wrestling Observer Radio, the approach is designed to create more interest among bidding cities due to the potential economic impact four nights of WWE can bring.

From a fan standpoint, the question will be whether four straight nights of events will lead to a burnout factor, especially with SmackDown on Tuesdays being the weekend finale.

We'll get our answer starting in 2017.
Quote:
Timothy Thatcher has gotten clearance and has flown home to California. He suffered a severe concussion on Saturday's Evolve show against Drew Gulak, and had to stay in New York because he was unable to fly.
Quote:
Regarding the story on the WWE Network and marketing plans in the new Observer, WWE has said that not everyone who cancels will be offered a free month. The policy is that if you cancel the subscription and never have received a free month in the past, that you will be offered a free month. We're told the policy is that if you have in the past received a free month, that offer will not be given.
Quote:
The names of the other new plaintiffs in the concussion lawsuit against WWE that were not listed in the new Observer are David Silva (Sylvano Sousa), John Jeter, Charles Scaggs (Too Cold Scorpio/Flash Funk) and Charles Wicks (Chad Wicks).
Quote:
James Ellsworth has contacted indie promoters that he's taking no new dates which means he's either signed or about to sign a WWE contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Colby Corino has announced that he will be joining NJPW as a young lion in January. You can see his tweet below.

Yeah, stuffs about to go down. #Blessed #NJPW pic.twitter.com/3ez2RoUQYi
— Colby Corino (@Generation_Ace) November 17, 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
This is the current advertised card for NXT's debut in Osaka, Japan on 12/3

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Samoa Joe for the NXT Championship
Tye Dillinger vs. Bobby Roode vs. Elias Sampson
#DIY vs. Tajiri and Tozawa
Tino Sabbatelli and Riddick Moss vs. The Revival
Oney Lorcan vs. Andrade Almas
Liv Morgan and Aliyah vs. Peyton Royce and Billie Kay

Also appearing

Asuka
Hideo Itami
TM61
Buddy Murphy
Wesley Blake
Ember Moon

It was announced during last night's WWE NXT episode that footage will be filmed for the Network.
Quote:
On the long-term health effects of pro wrestling:

I got this hotspot on my brain. They’re not sure if it’s from ecstasy, that superglue, or chair shots, or all of the above. I remember they called me in when I broke my neck. They took longer to clear me for my head injury. They were like, it’s a blessing you came in here with a neck [injury], you were going to be a vegetable soon. They go, you got a dark spot on your brain. I’m like, I do? They go, yeah. Are you OK? I go, I’m fine. I’m here because my neck hurts, not my head. But it was a blessing that they caught that.

His response when approached for the class action lawsuit filed against WWE by former wrestlers:

I didn’t jump on it. Somebody reached out to me a long time ago. But if I wanted to sue them I would’ve done it a long time ago when I got burned in the elevator, or when they hung me on TV and I died, basically.

How he nearly died in front of a live crowd when being “hung” by The Boss Man:

Remember when The Boss Man was going to bring The Brood into The Ministry? He threw me over the rope with the thing. Richie told him, don’t use that rope. Don’t use it. It was a brand new rope and they wanted to do it anyways. They wanted to do that angle. So they threw me over and then…I bounced off the apron but the rope cinched up. I remember sitting there on TV and everything was just going away. I made my peace with God…I couldn’t get [the rope off]. It was locked tight. Dennis looked over. There are pictures out there. Boogers were out of my nose, belly was pushed out. I said goodbye to the world. I made peace with God. I was going out, and then all of a sudden everything came right back just as fast as it was going away. It was Dennis going, Davey, Davey! You OK?! You OK?! Luna, she flipped out, and they actually fired Luna over getting upset in gorilla.
Some hihgights from an interview Gangrel had on a recent X-Pac 1,2,360 podcast show.

Quote:
Joey Styles got very negative reviews for his commentary even outside of the Donald Trump remark in question, and the feeling was the commentary was far better the second night with Lenny Leonard going solo.
Even without the recent incident, EVOLVE was probably going to fire Styles anyways. The general reaction to his commentary since he joined the company has been pretty bad overall.

Quote:
As noted last week, after it was almost a sure thing Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo were WWE bound, they’ve both reconsidered and now are looking at staying and trying to build up Stardom.
Quote:
WWE is allowing Mick Foley to appear via satellite at the ICW Fear and Loathing show this Sunday. WWE pulled him from the show which he made a commitment to months ago, because he was needed for the Survivor Series that day in Toronto. WWE sent Finn Balor as a replacement and he’ll be a guest enforcer.
Quote:
Jim Ross inked a deal with Skyhorse Publishing to do his long-worked on autobiography. The book, called “Slobberknocker,” is scheduled for a fall 2017 release. The book is similar to Chris Jericho in that it’s designed to build to a sequel. The book covers Ross’ life through second bout with Bell’s Palsy that looked to be the end of his broadcasting career in 1999 when Michael Cole had replaced him on Raw and Vince Russo had done the skits making him ths deranged guy who thought he was still the announcer and would come out there and call matches even though he’d been replaced, only to have Steve Austin and Dwayne Johnson ask for him to call their 2000 WrestleMania IV main event, and he did so well he was brought back as the lead voice of Raw for several more years. The idea would be for a second book from 2000 to the present. Ross and Paul O’Brien did the book together which started out as a collaboration with Ross and the late Scott Williams
Quote:
Nobody has said anything officially about the filming of Lucha Underground season four. At one point it was talked about for a November start and then a January start. Right now the talent is of the impression filming will start in late February, but nobody is certain
Quote:
After Raw television, as punishment for the incident with Jericho, Sin Cara was removed from the rest of the European tour. Instead of being sent home, he stayed in Glasgow the second day and traveled the rest of the tour with the Smackdown crew. He was then flown home to get to Raw this week, but for whatever reason, wasn’t flown into Buffalo, and had to fly from Europe and then drive six hours to get to Buffalo. He was also not allowed to dress in the talent dressing room, and had to change in the room with the extras like the fake security guys
Quote:
Here is the situation roughly regarding Shawn Michaels and the Performance Center. As noted last week, Matt Bloom is still the head coach there and as best we can tell, there are no plans to change that. There’s a lot of writing of reports and setting up schedules and stuff that goes with the head coach job and it’s not to say Michaels couldn’t do it, but those close to the situation as well as friends of his don’t think it would be a good fit. They are trying to do a structure that’s still in the making but it was told to us it’s something like this. Bloom and Regal would remain in their positions. Norman Smiley would be a guy to teach guys how to execute moves. They would be hiring a psychology coach, which would no doubt be a veteran wrestler. Terry Taylor’s role would be “finishing” in the sense to put the final touches on the guys who are at the advanced level.

Michaels’ job figures to be along the lines of the bridge between NXT and the main roster, in the sense he’d have however many guys, a half a dozen or so, depending on the situation, but it would be the guys they expect to call up over the next six months and Michaels would work exclusively with them to get them ready for Raw and Smackdown. He’d also recommend who needs more time and who is ready. In the past, the company has brought up some impressively looking guys early, given them big pushes and in some cases it has worked out well while in other cases it hasn’t, then they give up on them and you never hear about the guys again, or by the time they’re ready like a Chris Masters or a Drew Galloway, they’ve already been destroyed by the booking
Quote:
WWE has purchased the intellectual property rights to Lince Dorado from CHIKARA Pro, which came up with the character

Some other sheet news includes:
  • WWE announced they will be taping a new episode of NXT as part of Smackdown tapings next week.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 20th anniversary of The Rock's debut in the WWE. Rock made a "react" video about his debut a few weeks ago about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0-YFZHY9Uo
  • Observer recently speculated TNA might consider a deal to get Joey Styles now that they solved their money problems and possibly wanting some changes to their commentary team. They had the chance in 2014 to sign him but at the time Styles didn't want to quit his WWE website job.
  • According to the Observer, Emma is currently expected to be making her RAW debut by next month due to her being advertised for Christmas week RAW and house shows.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote