View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 11:57 PM   #4416
Vastardikai
Taller than Adam Cole

Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Green Hornet:

Saw it in IMAX. I don't feel it was worth the $16.50. I wouldn't have had a problem if it were just 2d. Not much 3d I could really notice, except for the credits.

Rogan played an obnoxious playboy, but he wasn't even the worst part of the movie. Cameron Diaz annoyed the fuck out of me. I noted at least 4 different Bruce Lee references. 1 was VERY obvious. 2 were basically trademarks. the 4th was incredibly subtle, which I'll throw in a spoiler tag below...

SPOILER: show
there's a scene where they show surveillance footage of the Hornet's first appearance. Only Hornet showed up. Kato didn't appear. Reid said it was because he was "too fast for the camera." This is a reference to Bruce Lee being told to slow down his attacks because the camera couldn't pick them up.

Jay Chou saved the movie in many ways, and I felt the movie was more about Kato than the Hornet. That could possibly be a 5th Bruce Lee reference, considering how, in China, the TV series was called "the Kato show." And similarly, many of Lee's fighting scenes were allegedly cut from the show to keep him from overshadowing the Hornet. Even then, it didn't work.

In the Green Hornet thread, I mentioned how they could make the movie work with the casting. That was actually the direction they went. Hence, I give the movie 7/10. It was good, but not great.
Vastardikai is offline   Reply With Quote