Thread: I miss Ronda
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 04:37 AM   #1
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I miss Ronda

Pretty sure at this point it's no secret that I'm a huge fan of japanese women's wrestling, or Joshi. The main reason I love it is because it has something that is severely lacking in western women's wrestling.

Physicality. Joshi has physicality in fucking abundance. Old school more than new school, but even today it's a far cry from the often clumsy looking stuff around here.

It's like the women are afraid to even do anything to eachother. So you get shots that look super weak, and sequences that feel like they're in half speed, and in turn look too choreographed.

Charlotte and Asuka have it. Becky has it when she faces them, but against anyone else in the locker room it's that same weak performance. She doesn't bring other people up to that level. Same could be said for Bailey and Ember.

That's why I loved Ronda. She walked right in and everything she did looked fucking great. It looked real. She made it "look like a struggle" as Destor is fond of saying. And on top of that, she wasn't afraid to take that same offense herself. She's exactly what the division needs, and now she's gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Gecko View Post

He's like aw shit!
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote