Thread: I miss Ronda
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 11:41 PM   #7
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
Ive been championing woman's wrestling on this forum since...01 or 02? I remember doing huge write ups on Trish and the like at a time when no one respected anythign the women did (and actively didnt want to respect them.) Im glad to see it rise in stature (even if it wasnt as organic as I would have liked) and be treated with the respect it's always deserved.

Like you I my love for women's wrestling began because Ive always been a puro mark and the Joshis were better than the men for...ages it seems. Their physicality, their innovation, their selling through inflection, the list goes on. Nothing compares. They succeed because those girls were in it for keeps.

Just like the men theyre trained not to injure but they dont fear hurting the person their working. They respect them enough to trust they can take care of themselves. The US women arent there yet.

On many levels that's because theyve worked so many green women (and ones who stay perpetually green) that it conditions them to walk on egg shells. It kills the product.

Rhonda didnt have that issue. She was gonna get herself over. I respect that. She was a bit unsafe at times but the girls around her knew how to protect themselves but Rhonda was obviously an asset even though she was being carried through it. HOPEFULLY we see more women athletes enter wrestling, i think if you do you'll see the product really improve.
This is an excellent post.

Even from the perspective of someone that has never been in the ring, it kills the vibe when you've got the Barbie types hanging in there trading holds with women who should be grades ahead of them. I think including some of the women that come off that way at all kills the aura of the women selling for them. It's putting all these tiers in one division where everyone goes 50/50.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote