Thread: Ratings Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 01:12 PM   #2442
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
If you ever want evidence that Dave Meltzer is a biased cunt actively spreading disinformation to people, look at how AEW’s PPV “success” has been covered. Meltzer deliberately conflates worldwide data with other promotions’ domestic and terrestrial success.

AEW received about 75k domestic buys through all platforms. I think that’s their best one. ECW would routinely get 99k thousand back before streaming was an option. Does Meltzer report it like this? No. AEW has done better than anyone except WCW.

Fuck him. And fuck anyone who should know better than spreads this shit.

And SmackDown more than triples AEW’s rating because it is a far superior show. You can take from that whatever good or bad that you want. If you like SmackDown, good for you. If you want to shake your head at how a WWE program is tea-bagging the “alternative” that had an open shot, go with that too.

I’m ambivalent at this point. I hate WWE’s monopoly and most things the company does, but they are SO much better than what you get from these smug “we’re (not so) different” promotions that the schadenfreude of the WWE dropping the leg is pretty funny. And SmackDown does objectively have the better stars, the better workers and in many cases the better stories.

So yeah, fuck AEW.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote