View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 06:12 PM   #23
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Jericho and JR are big signings if they can get them. A reason they are so big is because they are two guys who would potentially have life-time relationships with Vince basically saying we're in a post-needing Vince world. It would seem a foregone conclusion that AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura would re-up with WWE, but given that they are 42 and 39 this year, signing a multi-year deal with AEW could carry them through until retirement. They would hurt Vince's feelings, which I don't think either of them would go out of their way to do, but if you wanted to have artistic freedom, work less dates (most likely), have benefits, have a major ripple effect on the business, etc. -- signing with AEW would be that thing. Especially if there are opportunities to work with New Japan.

I'm not saying that I think it's probable or even likely that either Styles or Nakamura signs with AEW. But there are reasons that shift is conceivable. If I were a worker and Tony Khan could guarantee me half-a-million regardless of whether it takes off, I'd certainly consider the offer as I approach 40 or am past it.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote