View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #2266
McLegend
Temporary

McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)McLegend has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Jon Favreau on Iron Man 3

Quote:
In a recent interview with MTV to promote his new movie, Cowboys and Aliens, director Jon Favreau revealed that Iron Man 3 will be a sequel to not just Iron Man 2, but a continuation of all of the storylines in the preceeding Marvel Studios movies, including The Incredible Hulk, Captain America: The First Avenger, Thor and The Avengers. Now, MTV has released more of that interview with Favreau and the director has revealed how the changing face of the Marvel Cinematic Universe will affect the world Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) finds himself in in the third chapter in the franchise.
If you remember, Iron Man was a very normal world. It was based in our real world, with a few little things exaggerated. The technology was exaggerated slightly, but really it didn't feel like you were stepping into a superhero world. It didn't feel like you were stepping into the Marvel Universe.
By the time Iron Man 3 happens, you will have had three other superheroes revealing themselves at least, in addition to S.H.I.E.L.D. and Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and whoever they have in Avengers. So now you're going into a world where you open up the paper and you're reading about villains and heroes and a lot of people with different types of powers. Everything was tech-based in Iron Man, but the world is opening up very much.

One of the things that this new world means for Iron Man 3 is that Iron Man is not just stuck facing tech- or reality-based villains. When asked if that means that fans might finally get to see Iron Man square off against the Mandarin, a villain who wields ten alien rings, each with a different power, Favreau said, "I hope so."
Because all my stuff was tech-based, and now you have other worlds and inter-dimensions and this sense of history—which I think is quite cool—that we started with the Stark Expo. There was a lot of stuff we had to present to set up other future properties, so I'm well aware of the challenges that go into it. You're not just servicing one film. You're not just making the best film you can, you're setting up a playground for all of the characters to play in.

Read more about Jon Favreau on the Changing Marvel Cinematic Universe and Seeing the Mandarin in Iron Man 3 by www.reelzchannel.com
http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-ne...-in-iron-man-3

That's going to be really hard to pull off.
McLegend is offline   Reply With Quote