View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 08:13 PM   #150
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
I love that promo, but you can kind of feel Regal losing his place and stepping over his own lines -- but that is fine because it's believable! People can stammer and repeat a word or two and it works alright when they're mad. Especially if they're usually eloquent.

I was never a MASSIVE fan of Regal. I mean, he's one of my favorite memories of wrestling. Friends and I used to do his faces when we were pretending to be mad to crack each other up. But I never took him seriously and could never imagine him as a babyface. That promo made me fucking LOVE the guy in a few minutes. I was genuinely heartbroken when Triple H destroyed him with a sledgehammer later in the show. But props to Triple H, because he genuinely sold Regal in the actual promo itself (his face read "I'm in trouble now").

Another great Regal promo that no one talks about, but stood out to me, was when he was feuding with Edge in that weird period of 2002 when they were struggling to find a new identity. Regal appeared on the titantron and cut a promo about being mocked for being British, and then reminded Edge that he must be pretty stupid, because if he knew about history, he'd know the English are the most barbaric race in human history. I fucking loved that line. I loved Edge as a babyface at the time too, but going back, he does not hold up well. Felt overly forced and he didn't really raise good points, but was doing kind of a Rock/Jericho-lite thing where he'd just rattle off some corny insults that didn't have the same charismatic support.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote