View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 06:58 PM   #1477
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Eight wrestlers remain mathematically alive as NJPW's G1 Climax 30 enters its final stretch.

Four competitors still have a shot in each block with one A Block show and one B Block show remaining before Sunday's final. In A Block, Jay White controls his own destiny. In B Block, it's EVIL who controls his own fate.

After that, things get more cloudy.

White, Kota Ibushi, Kazuchika Okada, and Will Ospreay still have a chance to win A Block ...

In B Block, EVIL, Tetsuya Naito, SANADA, and Zack Sabre Jr. are still in the running ...

Here are the updated standings and scenarios:
G1 Climax 30 standings --

A Block
  1. Jay White -- 12 points (6-2) *wins the block with a win over Ishii*
  2. Kota Ibushi -- 12 points (6-2) *wins the block with a win over Taichi and a White loss/draw/no contest*
  3. Kazuchika Okada -- 12 points (6-2) *wins the block with a win over Ospreay, White and Ibushi losses/draws/no contests or a draw with Ospreay and Ibushi/White losses/no contests*
  4. Will Ospreay -- 10 points (5-3) *wins the block with a win over Okada, White and Ibushi losses/no contests*
  5. Taichi -- 8 points (4-4) *eliminated*
  6. Jeff Cobb -- 8 points (4-4) *eliminated*
  7. Tomohiro Ishii -- 6 points (3-4) *eliminated*
  8. Shingo Takagi -- 6 points (3-5) *eliminated*
  9. Minoru Suzuki -- 6 points (3-5) *eliminated*
  10. Yujiro Takahashi -- 0 points (0-8) *eliminated*

B Block
  1. EVIL -- 12 points (6-2) *wins the block with a win over SANADA or a draw/no contest with SANADA, Naito loss and Sabre loss/draw*
  2. Tetsuya Naito -- 12 points (6-2) *wins the block with a win/draw over KENTA and an EVIL loss/no contest*
  3. SANADA -- 10 points (5-3) *wins the block with a win over EVIL and a Naito loss/no contest*
  4. Zack Sabre Jr. -- 10 points (5-3) *ties with Naito & EVIL for block win with a win over Tanahashi, a Naito loss, and a SANADA/EVIL no contest*
  5. Hirooki Goto -- 8 points (4-4) *eliminated*
  6. KENTA -- 8 points (4-4) *eliminated*
  7. Toru Yano -- 6 points (3-5) *eliminated*
  8. Hiroshi Tanahashi -- 6 points (3-5) *eliminated*
  9. Juice Robinson -- 6 points (3-5) *eliminated*
  10. YOSHI-HASHI -- 2 points (1-7) *eliminated*
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Independent wrestler Dan the Dad, who competed over the weekend as part of The Collective weekend in Indianapolis, announced this afternoon that he had tested positive for COVID-19 and is advising others who were in attendance to make sure they get tested themselves:

Dan the Dad's announcement via Twitter reads as follows:

Please read. Please get tested whether you experience symptoms or not. Thank you pic.twitter.com/tL65MvDAy2
— Dan the Dad (@ThanksDanTheDad) October 14, 2020
Link: https://twitter.com/ThanksDanTheDad/...82499409784833

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Anthem Sports & Entertainment, Inc., a globally integrated multi-platform media company, announced today a partnership between the Company’s popular sports network Game+ and the groundbreaking OVW Wrestling promotion—bringing two of its hour-long wrestling series, OVW Overdrive and OVW TV, to Game+’s Sunday lineup beginning October 18 at 9 a.m. ET/6 a.m. PT. Game+ is the exclusive national cable broadcaster of OVW TV, with new episodes airing every Sunday following their initial premieres on the OVW streaming platform and affiliated partners ...

Game+’s newly acquired OVW content debuts this Sunday at 9 a.m. ET with OVW Overdrive, as hosts Bryan Kennison and Steven Johnson provide expert analysis and in-depth commentary. The one-of-a-kind series features unique matches and interviews with OVW’s brightest stars, as well as recaps of the week’s biggest stories and sketches that put the duo in a variety of entertaining situations.

Then, stay tuned at 10 a.m. ET for the weekly wrestling program OVW TV, putting the spotlight on a roster of hungry young talent fighting to prove themselves in adrenaline-fueled pro wrestling action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The Associated Press spoke with Cody about the one year anniversary of the debut of AEW Dynamite at this link. On the ratings and the WWE NXT competition, Cody commented, "When you hit that million mark, and even on the nights where the average might be in the eights or nines, there are segments that go over a million and it certainly begets the question: What would this be like unopposed?” Rhodes said. “But opposed, it’s doing just so damn fine. I think we have a good indicator. We’ve seen what it looks like. But competition is not something we’re shying away from by any means. Wednesday night is our home"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
FOX News featured a piece on Jungle Boy and how his father, late actor Luke Perry pushed him to pursue his pro wrestling career at this link. “For me, that was cool to have someone to talk about it,” he explained. “In a lot of ways, I think acting and wrestling are different, but they’re similar at the same time. But I think they’re things that a lot of people theoretically want to do when they’re younger and then give up on it along the way. So it was cool to have someone to talk to who had followed through with their childhood dream [of being an actor] and made it happen. There were so many things [we shared] along the way, but it was cool to be able to talk to someone and bounce ideas off of someone who had taken their dream all the way and fulfilled it.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Aleister Black was interviewed by Sports Illustrated prior to Monday's Raw talking about opportunity, why he hasn't translated well on the main roster, and more.

On why he believes he hasn't clicked yet on the main roster (something that might change with his movement to Smackdown as part of the WWE Draft), Black said:

"I think the reason for that is we moved so far away from what Aleister Black was in NXT that people started getting confused about what exactly Aleister Black was supposed to be. After a few conversations, I said, ‘I need a different direction.’ That led to the creation of this new Aleister Black, where he is a little more human and people can latch on to him quicker. Being human doesn’t mean you necessarily have to be a good guy. It also can mean that it is a villain, and you can better understand the motives of where the character comes from. You don’t have to agree with the motives to understand them, but the motive had got lost for Aleister Black on the main roster.

The opportunities presented on Raw and SmackDown are this great chessboard. Aleister Black, he feels that he has never had the opportunity to do what he needs to do. If he doesn’t get those opportunities, he’s going to burn the whole chessboard. If that means he’s sent to purgatory, that’s fine, because he’s been in purgatory. If you want to take it one step further and send him to hell, that’s fine, too. He’s accustomed to hell, his whole childhood was spent there.

If Aleister Black doesn’t get his opportunity, then no one does. That is a much more relatable antagonistic way of looking at things. Before, that motive wasn’t as clear. A few months ago, what did he stand for? He was fighting for himself, then he got entangled with Rey Mysterio, and that left himself open to vicious beatings each week. It seemed like he never learned from his mistakes, which is strange for Aleister, because he seems so calculated. That got shuffled away a little bit"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Sonya Deville posted for the first time publicly on her Instagram in some time, reuniting with Mandy Rose.

"Nothin can stop us, we all the way up. And Mandy apologized so we good"

There is a hearing in Deville's stalker case this week with another court date set for December.
Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGTPY_RH...mpaign=loading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
PWTorch received an email of an RSVP invitation that was sent to NXTTicket customers following TakeOver 31. The last time this mailing list was used was in April to alert ticket holders of the cancellation of NXT Live at Full Sail on the 15th of that month. Here’s the email:

Quote:
Good Evening!

Thank you for being a passionate member of the NXT Universe! We hope you enjoyed TakeOver 31! We have a special opportunity for you to be a part of this week’s NXT Broadcast on Wednesday October 7! This is an opportunity for a limited number of the NXT Universe to be LIVE & IN PERSON at the Capitol Wrestling Center as part the Live Event Audience. This invitation is good for a maximum of 6 people.

Please reply to this email to confirm that you are able to attend NXT this Wednesday October 7 at the Capitol Wrestling Center on the campus of the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, FL.

If you are selected, you will receive further correspondence with instructions on how to attend, COVID-19 testing procedures and on-site screening procedures.

Please note that you must be over the age of 16 unless accompanied by a guardian and must provide photo ID upon check in at the Capitol Wrestling Center.

The event will be held at limited capacity with social distancing measures in place. Face coverings will be mandatory throughout the course of the event.

If you are interested in attending please reply with the following information:

Total number of tickets requested (maximum of 6)

Name of each attendee:

Email address for each attendee:

Mobile phone number for each attendee:

Thank you for your consideration and supporting NXT! We look forward to seeing you weekly!
PWTorch got in contact with fans who were in attendance for NXT on October 7th. Said fans chose to remain anonymous but they shared that WWE’s COVID-19 testing procedures include nasal swab tests to the RSVPs accepted for pre-approval and the fans are responsible for their off-site testing appointment on the same day of the show to accommodate others in attendance. WWE then sends a final email either accepting or denying based on the results that they get.
Quote:
Forbes has an extensive feature up about All Elite Wrestling that includes interviews with Tony Khan, Chris Jericho, Brandi Rhodes and Jungle Boy. Tony Khan spoke about the success of AEW and the growth of their business. He added that AEW is going to have different types of video games for different platforms as well.

“From a merchandising standpoint, everybody joked that we were a t-shirt company when we first started. But now we’ve got a very successful TV show and we’ve done a lot of successful pay-per-views. We’ve launched our action figures. We’re going to have different types of video games for different platforms and different experiences. So there’s all kinds of new lines of business coming up for us. Sports entertainment, in a lot of ways, is a very applicable term. But I don’t like it being used as a substitute for wrestling. It is a form of sports entertainment, what we do. But I also think that there’s no substitute for the word wrestling. I think it’s a great word. It makes me feel great when I say it. It brings a smile to my face. I love wrestling. I always have.”
Quote:
Patches Chance of Daily DDT caught up with Eddie Kingston. Prior to signing with All Elite Wrestling, Eddie was planning to retire from the business ...

Eddie further spoke about what it meant to him to receive an AEW contract. He shared that he shed a few tears while on vacation with his significant other because it hit him that so many people pushed for him to get signed.

“That was very humbling and surprising. I didn’t think that many fans cared, to be honest. It blew me away. I said this in other interviews too. I’m getting hit up and they’re telling me, ‘Oh, you’re trending,’ and they think this is a joke, but I really didn’t know. I go, ‘Oh, so I’m trending, does that mean I get extra money? Do they send me a check? Does Twitter send me a check for trending?’ I don’t know. I don’t get that kind of stuff. You could call me a boomer, I guess. I don’t know even what that is, but to me I didn’t know.”

God, was it humbling. To the point where, I think it was two weeks after everything and I finally officially signed, I was in Montana with my girlfriend taking a vacation and I just broke down crying. She was like, ‘Are you okay?’ And I was like, ‘Yeah, I’m fine, it just kinda hit me now that, okay, people do care, and now I have a contract.’ It just hit me that I’m on national television and I finally have a contract with a big company, and I just remember wiping the tears away and looking at her and just going, ‘I love you, but now the real work begins.’ And she’s a BJJ black belt, so she was just like, ‘Yep, let’s get to work.’ And I was just like, ‘Oh, I guess I do have to get to work.’ So that was it.”
Quote:
Ariane Andrew and Matt Dillon welcomed Natalya onto their ‘Sippin The Tea’ show on YouTube. Natalya expressed her desire to piece together a documentary about her father Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart’s life. Natalya said she has been approached about something along those lines as well.

“And then also, something that I really wanna do is — and I’ve been approached about doing it. I wanna do a documentary on my dad and on my dad’s life, and because my dad wasn’t just a WWE superstar. My dad was in the NFL, he played for the Dallas Cowboys and the Oakland Raiders. He was a world class Shot putter. When my dad was 18 years old, he was the second best Shot putter in the United States and he had a full scholarship to UCLA and then ended up, after his football career was over, he ended up coming to train with my grandfather and then he ended up getting hired by WWE and becoming a two-time WWE Tag Team Champion so he has this really cool life and towards the end of his life, my dad got Alzheimer’s and so I think, I really, really am excited about putting a documentary together about my dad and when I watched the Andre The Giant documentary on — I believe it was HBO. Either HBO or SHOWTIME, I can’t remember…. When I watched the Andre The Giant documentary on HBO, it was one of the best documentaries I’d ever seen and it just gave me such insight into Andre The Giant’s life and I said to my mom and sisters like, ‘I would love to be an executive producer on a documentary on my dad and telling his story and really touch on so many different things that we don’t always touch base on.’ When we’re telling stories about athletes, we don’t always talk about mental health, we don’t always talk about a darker side and things that people go through when their career as an athlete is over and how they transition and different things like that so, that is something I really want to do and I think it’d be such a great way to honor my dad but to also do something different.”
Quote:
The first episode of SmackDown on FOX from 2019 was the focus of the latest 83 Weeks podcast. Eric Bischoff recalled being backstage for the show and said that from his viewpoint, it did not seem like Vince McMahon was too keen on appearing in front of the crowd to open the show but it appeared that Stephanie McMahon wanted him to join her.

“I’ll be honest with everyone here, I actually got tears in my eyes when I saw Vince and Stephanie go out. I was standing in the Gorilla and, I was under — I’m gonna be careful how I say these things so I can talk about this without getting into trouble, as best I can. It was my impression, it was my impression that Vince didn’t really wanna do it, and I can understand it. You know, there comes a point as you’re getting older and Vince is ten years older than me, that you realize, the strength, the credibility that you bring to television isn’t what it used to be. It is what it is. We all get older, and when you’ve spent your life on television, you’re kind of aware of how you look and how you can present yourself and all that and it was my impression that Vince didn’t really wanna do it. It was also my impression that Stephanie really did want him to do it. Guess who won? Yeah, and I saw it go down. I wasn’t standing within inches of them but I was a couple feet away and I saw the hesitation by Vince and I saw the pressure put on by Stephanie. First of all, it just made my heart full seeing that father-daughter relationship in that exchange and it was really important to Stephanie, and when they went out and did it, it was exciting as hell, it was the right thing to do and it did, it brought tears to my eyes.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Reported reason why Andrade was not drafted or signed on Monday.

According to Raj Giri of Wrestling INC, Andrade is undergoing a minor elective procedure and is expected to be out of action for a month.

Andrade and Mickie James were the only two names from the Friday and Monday draft pools who were not drafted by a brand following the conclusion of night two of the WWE Draft. Neither were signed to a brand via free agency either.

James recently revealed that she is out of action with a broken nose and will not be wrestling for a couple of weeks.

Andrade did appear on Monday's Raw, losing to Angel Garza in singles competition. Following the bout, he and Zelina Vega were attacked by 'The Fiend' Bray Wyatt and Alexa Bliss.

On social media, Andrade caused a stir when he tweeted and deleted "thank you," with many speculating that he was leaving WWE. His girlfriend Charlotte Flair calmed the rumors by saying he was simply wishing Vega well as they go their respective ways. Andrade also posted a photo of him as NXT champion, leading some to believe he will return to NXT.

As of now, WWE has not commented on Andrade's status and he remains without a brand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
Victory Championship Wrestling will be leaving its hometown of Munford, Alabama.

The new town council in Munford claims that they can charge new tenants a higher rent, which is why VCW is being forced out of their building.

VCW has made much stronger claims, accusing the town of being racist and transphobic.

VCW General Manager Johnny Slaughter gave the following statement to Chris Deez of Bodyslam.net:

“Yeah it is kind of a disgraceful situation with the Town of Munford. We have been there for years, and even made thousands of dollars of repairs to one of the town owned buildings, so that we could use it for our academy. Well now they have a new town council and realized they can charge someone else more than we are paying now that the building is useable.

One of the Town council members has been heard by both one of my talents and someone the council member works with stating that he was not too happy about us having a African American Heavyweight Champion or a transgender member on our team. The town swears they know nothing about the council members comments and just want out of the lease because they want out of it.”

“We are currently in negotiations with the town’s lawyer about settling what they owe us, and when it is done we will out the council member to the media (all sources). The town once told me they did not want to be known for Professional wrestling, so instead they can be known for bigotry and racism.”

Wrestler LaDarrius Young backed up that claim by saying, “So here is some back story. We are getting kicked out of Munford, AL and the 17th is our last show there. The reason why we are getting kicked out is the mayor of Munfodd, AL is racist and said he does not like the fact our Victory Championship Wrestling Heavyweight Champion is black and we have a transgender person working in the womens division”

Munford has yet to issue a comment regarding these claims. Fightful will update this story if a statement is given by the town.

VCW will hold its last show in Munford on October 17.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleTalk
The biggest news coming out of last week’s NXT were very negative. Finn Balor confirmed his injury as a broken jaw which required surgery. Then, Ridge Holland suffered a horrifying injury as his legs gave out when he attempted to catch Oney Lorcan on a dive.

While these were the biggest news stories, there were some positive moments as well. Fightful Select (subscription required) is currently reporting that a number of segments from last week’s show were heavily praised backstage.

The report says the segments involving Johnny Gargano, Candice LeRae, and Indi Hartwell in particular received praise. Additionally, the report states that they were told by one person that NXT made Hartwell on the show without having her name on screen.

The NXT women’s division continues to get more and more stacked as of late. The returns of Ember Moon and Toni Storm have added them into the mix, elevating the division as a whole in the process. If Hartwell is able to capitalize on this praise, she could easily work her way into the mix of the top stars in the division.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote