View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 12:15 PM   #22
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
WWE is in such a weird place. Based on what you see on TV, it'd be easy to say the company is lazy. But it's really not true. They're being shit, but in no way are they being lazy. You still have the same one guy in charge but think about how many things he's balancing. They make movies. They are trying to expand internationally. They run RAW, SmackDown, Main Event, 205 Live, NXT and an assortment of other tournaments and live events.

I've said it before that I think part of why WWE's storytelling can often seem really basic and boring is that they are also airing it internationally and trying to build those brands. But on top of that, they are doing like a million other things.They literally announce where they are going for WrestleMania before that year's WrestleMania airs. That involves meeting with those cities, branding it, all sorts of stuff. And it would seem like Vince has his hands on all of that and then he also has to negotiate the television deals and is the guy who makes the final call on the actual product.

I think it's the exact opposite of them being lazy. I think they have basically one guy trying to do so much. There's a reason why the slightest hint of Vince stepping down causes the stock price to drop.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote