View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 10:00 PM   #1322
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Wednesday night ratings are in and AEW Dynamite averaged 693,000 viewers for last night's show on TNT, down 5.2 percent from last week.

The good news is that the show averaged a 0.27 rating in the 18-49 demo, which was up eight percent from last week. It's the show's best number in that category since March 25. Dynamite finished 16th for the night on cable in the demo, its best showing since the move to closed set shows.

The numbers weren't so good for NXT, which fell out of the top 50 for the fifth time in the last six weeks, averaging a 0.16 rating in 18-49, down 11 percent from last week.

In total viewers, NXT averaged 637,000 viewers on USA Network, down 4.2 percent. That was the lowest number for NXT since April 1.

Total viewership for both Wednesday night shows combined was 1.33 million, the second lowest total since their cable TV debuts in October. In fact, AEW's premiere episode on TNT did more viewers than that on its own, an indication of how far things have fallen with the closed set shows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
The history of MLW will be spotlighted in an anthology series set to debut in May.

It was announced today that MLW Anthology will premiere on beIN Sports in conjunction with MLW Fusion on Saturday, May 16. The series will "spotlight the biggest rivalries, iconic athletes and championship classics spanning the history of MLW dating back to 2002."

“This is a project we had planned for further down the road but we wanted to surprise fans with some fun and joy during this challenging period,” MLW's Court Bauer said in a press release.

MLW announced last week that they had started the process of digitizing their MLW Underground TV series from 2003-2004. After its initial run from 2002-2004, MLW was revived as a promotion in 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
WWE is filing to oppose some of the trademarks registered by The Revolt's Cash Wheeler and Dax Harwood, formerly known as Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson of The Revival.

The Revolt filed to trademark "No Flips, Just Fists" back on Tuesday, February 18 of this year, for merchandise and general pro wrestling/entertainment use. WWE filed to oppose the trademarks earlier today, just two days after the name was eligible for opposition.

WWE previously filed to trademark "No Flips Just Fists" on Monday, February 24. That is the same as The Revolt's term filed for on February 18, just without the comma.

WWE was granted the standard 90-day extension to prepare their opposition. They now have until Wednesday, August 26 to file that opposition.

WWE filed to be the opposer for another name that The Revolt filed to trademark back on Tuesday, January 7 - "#FTRKO" for merchandise use. WWE filed to oppose that trademark today, just two days after it was published for opposition. They were granted the 90-day extension, and have until August 26 to file that opposition to "#FTRKO" as well.

Finally, WWE filed to oppose the trademark for "Say Yeah" today. The Revolt filed to trademark that name back on Tuesday, February 18, for merchandise and general wrestling/entertainment use. WWE filed to oppose that name today, also just two days after it was filed for opposition. Like the other two trademark filings, they were granted the standard 90-day extension to file that opposition, and have until August 26.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
This Tuesday, 5/5, WWE's will feature the following specials on FS1:

7 PM - Ric Flair's Best WWE Matches - including the 1992 Royal Rumble and Evolution vs. The Rock N' Sock Connection.

8 PM - Edge's Best Wrestlemania Matches - Edge vs. John Cena vs. Big Show, Edge vs. Undertaker

9 PM - Brock Lesnar's Most Dominant Matches.

10 PM - Roman Reigns' Best Wrestlemania Matches - Reigns vs. Undertaker, Reigns vs. Triple H.

11 PM - WWE Backstage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
On a recent edition of Busted Open Radio, Heath Slater chatted with Bully Ray and David LaGreca. Slater was asked about The Nexus group and how they seemingly fell apart after losing to Team Cena at the 2010 SummerSlam pay-per-view. Slater believes that the group should’ve won at that event and knew at the beginning of the night, they were supposed to win and within a matter of hours, they found out they were losing.

“And then, going through Nexus, my goodness I wish we just could’ve had our hands and a grip on it a little more because it died way too soon and we all know this. Everyone knows it. SummerSlam, we should’ve took over, period. We should’ve won. I mean, me, [Justin] Gabriel and Wade [Barrett] were the last three and then pretty much Daniel [Bryan] and Cena took us all out, and it was just one of those things where as soon as that happened, I mean we shifted from fourth to second gear in a matter of one night, and then it was like, ‘Damn. We worked all this way and this hard for us and the company for this to happen? We couldn’t wait a few more months until Mania so you could have a mega-group and surely just destroy us or whatever?’ But yeah, it surely should not have ended at SummerSlam.

I mean, I knew we were going over and next thing I knew [we] weren’t. So it’s one of those things I’m sure people walked in and out of there, changed Vince’s mind and all that fun stuff. No man, I didn’t [try to change Vince’s mind]. None of us knew. We were winning, and then a matter of, sh*t, a couple matches before, we were not. We were going over… and I still don’t know the whole story, and you’re never gonna know the whole story because they always tell you, ‘Oh I don’t know. Oh that’s what he came up with.’ You can never get the right answer. You can only get the ‘around the bush’ answers so… I don’t know man.”
Jericho and Edge mentioned in the past that Cena was the person responsible for the abrupt changes made to the match's original plans and the finish that was done instead.

Quote:
Per SEC filings made on April 29th, WWE Executive Producer Kevin Dunn sold 33,000 shares of his WWE stock which accumulates to almost $1,532,850 worth of Class A stock. WWE Executive Vice President Bradley Blum sold 16,358 shares at $45.32 per share which is almost $741,835 worth of stock.
Quote:
As announced by Pro Wrestling NOAH, the current GHC Heavyweight Champion Go Shiozaki underwent surgery for acute appendicitis. Shiozaki was discharged from the hospital following the surgery but to decrease the risk of him getting sick due to the current state of his immune system post-surgery, he’ll miss his TV matches on May 3rd, May 9th and May 10th.
Quote:
Aubrey Edwards was the focus of the latest AEW Unrestricted podcast with Tony Schiavone. Aubrey revealed that she is working on an AEW rule book and that rule book will be published on the company’s official website. Also, Aubrey voiced her thoughts about the criticism she receives on social media about “taking away from the wrestlers” during matches.

“There’s always going to be people who vocalize what they don’t like. There’s always that really vocal minority. The ones that are behind the keyboards that are like, ‘Oh, I don’t like this.’ It’s fine. You’re allowed to like or not like certain things. Everyone’s different. There’s enough wrestling out there for you, whatever. But the thing that’s really interesting is just how many — it’s a very common occurrence where people just say I take too much attention away from the wrestlers, I’m too distracting. My favorite comment online once was that someone couldn’t watch the match because my lipstick was too distracting. Yeah, I’m like, ‘You’re not paying attention to wrestling. Like what the hell are you doing buddy?’ I think the social media team gets at least one email a week about me and how I’m a distraction and people can’t watch All Elite Wrestling because I’m on the TV.”
Quote:
AEW Co-Executive Vice President Cody Rhodes joined the Dan Le Betard Show to promote AEW Dynamite. While on the topic of his father Dusty Rhodes, Cody said that WWE has been trying for quite some time to obtain some of the memorabilia that the Runnels family has by way of Dusty.

“We have everything. WWE has been trying to break into our little vault for years, trying to get some of the good stuff. We have a lot of really great stuff from Championship Wrestling from Florida, a lot of Gordon Solie, personal items and really good stuff from dad’s hay day.”

Cody also spoke about the Stardust gimmick and how in the early stages, he pieced the character together with Dusty Rhodes. Cody said he initially wanted a hairless cat to go along with the gimmick.

“When I was doing the Stardust character, I really wanted to have a hairless cat, so my poor dad, he’s trying to produce this promo and I’ve got this hairless cat in there and the makeup and the glitter and he’s watching his son. Just absurd pieces of business.”
Quote:
IMPACT World Tag Team Champion Josh Alexander revealed that he played the role of “Droz” in the cinematic scenes of Dark Side of Ring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
During the Firefly Fun House match between John Cena and Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania 36, Mr. McBossman (a puppet with Vince McMahon's likeness) said the line, "This is such good shit."

That quote became famous in the wrestling world after an interview with Jon Moxley where he recalled Vince McMahon saying certain ideas were "good shit, pal" during Moxley's run as Dean Ambrose in WWE. The line put a smile on many faces during WrestleMania 36, including Jon Moxley's.

"I kind of popped for it, honestly," Moxley told the New York Post. "I thought it was pretty funny. But it’s like, I think I might have popularized that or made it into a pop culture thing, but everybody knows that’s what he says. He’s been saying that for decades. People who were probably doing Vince McMahon impressions have been saying ‘that’s good s–t’ before I even got into wrestling."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
The mystery of Vince McMahon's illegitimate son was solved with a whimper as many were left disappointed when the big reveal turned out to be Hornswoggle. Of course, nothing was at it seemed as Fit Finlay ended up being the father of the little lad.

On the February 18, 2008 edition of WWE Raw, McMahon faced Hornswoggle in a cage match and caught up on disciplinary action he had missed all those years. McMahon and JBL brutally beat Hornswoggle, leading to storyline internal injuries, including bleeding of the brain and spinal trauma.

But it could have been worse.

Former WWE writer Brian Gewirtz was rummaging through his closet when he stumbled upon a pitch by another unnamed writer who thought McMahon could have killed Hornswoggle if things got bad enough.

“Hornswoggle Dilemma: Have Vince say to HS that we’re going for a ride as Vince stuffs HS into a pillow case. Have a camera standing on a bridge and the audience sees Vince throw HS out the window of his limousine and over the bridge railing. HS plummets to his death. I know it’s morbidly and highly unlikely ever to be used, but I think it’s something that a fed up Mr. McMahon could resort to after trying for so long to get rid of him.”

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote