Thread: Horror films
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 11:22 AM   #34
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
Maybe I'll give Funny Games another shot someday, the first time I just couldn't 'get' what was supposed to be so disturbing.

Maybe I'm too focused on things like A Serbian Film being what I define as disturbing, I donut know. I just couldn't get past someone being intimated by a golf club and doing nothing the entire film to fight for their life. If it was made in the 70s, before slashers became rampant, I'd probably be more lenient...someday I might give it another watch.

I did hate Eyes Wide Shut the first time I watched it and now I think it's more brilliant upon every viewing.

This is why it's more of an anti sensationalist film than a horror. It blatantly provokes anger with no reward.
Ask yourself why? To make a formulaic plot? Unlikely. It's to make you wonder why violence in some films seems so enjoyable and easy.

Also there are people in the world who just freeze up and do nothing to protect themselves in these situations so the golf club situation is pretty believable to me.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote