View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 06:53 PM   #1496
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
The Rascalz (Dezmond Xavier, Zachary Wentz, and Trey Miguel) are headed to WWE, Wrestling Inc. has learned.

As previously reported, the trio are currently free agents. During a segment on last night's episode of Impact Wrestling, it was revealed that the group were being evicted from The Treehouse because they haven't paid rent in two years.

Wrestling Inc. has learned learned that the group has a standing offer from WWE. While they have not yet officially signed the deal, it is just considered a formality and they are expected to join the company.

In their final match with Impact, Miguel will team with Rich Swann to face Xavier and Wentz on next week's episode of Impact Wrestling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Impact Wrestling continues to add more matches to Saturday's Turning Point event on their Impact Plus streaming service, announcing two more bouts on social media Wednesday.

After his successful defense of the title Tuesday in a win over TJP, X Division Champion Rohit Raju is reopening his "Defeat Raju Challenge", opening it up to anyone on the roster to challenge for the belt.

The other new match will feature Chris Sabin and newfound partner James Storm against XXXL (Acey Romery and Larry D). Sabin found himself partnerless due to Alex Shelley's recent neck injury, but after defeating Romero Tuesday, XXXL beat him up and left him laying. He asked Storm backstage if he would help back him up against his enemies and the "Cowboy" accepted.

The matches round out an already deep card for Saturday:
  • World Champion Rich Swann vs. Sami Callihan
  • Knockouts Champion Su Yung vs. Deonna Purrazzo
  • Tag Team Champions The North vs. Good Brothers
  • Jordynne Grace/Tenille Dashwood vs. Rosemary/Taya Valkyrie
  • Brian Myers vs. Swoggle
  • Moose vs. Willie Mack
  • Eddie Edwards vs. Daivari
  • X Division Champion Rohi Raju open challenge
  • Chris Sabin and James Storm vs. XXXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
New NWA Tag Team Champions were crowned on this week's edition of UWN Primetime Live.

Aron Stevens & JR Kratos defeated James Storm & Eli Drake on Primetime Live last night to win the NWA Tag Team titles. The match was originally announced as Storm & Drake vs. Stevens & The Question Mark, but Stevens came out for the match alone. Kratos attacked Storm & Drake, then Stevens said no one could prove Kratos isn't The Question Mark.

Stevens & Kratos got the win after Kratos low blowed Storm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
The finals are set in the UWN World Title tournament.

Mike Bennett will meet Chris Dickinson in the finals to crown a UWN World Champion. The bout will take place on the November 24 episode of UWN Primetime Live.

Dickinson advanced to the finals by defeating Fred Rosser in the semi-finals on Tuesday. Dickinson defeated Peter Avalon in the first round of the tournament. On the other side of the bracket, Bennett defeated Shawn Daivari in the semi-finals on Tuesday after previously defeating Kevin Martinson in the first round
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
With MLW Fusion returning next week, this week's episode of MLW Underground will be the last retro episode to air for at least a few weeks as the promotion focuses on its Restart with the 11/19 episode, which will be headlined by MLW Champion Jacob Fatu vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr. and MLW Middleweight Champion Myron Reed vs. Brian Pillman Jr.

This won't be the last of Underground as there are plans for it to continue, in some fashion, on BeIN Sport.

There are plans to feature Kevin Von Erich in a larger role on MLW programming as part of the Restart. The idea is to feature him as sort of a wise old sage style mentor to the younger talents. Think Luke Skywalker from the most recent Star Wars trilogy.

IWA Puerto Rico is working with MLW on Richard Holliday defending the Caribbean title in Puerto Rico, something that has been teased for some time as part of his storyline with Savio Vega.

There is interest in Chris and Patrick Voros, who are an identical twin tag team out of Canada. There's also been talk of 27 year old Jon'tae Kieth, who works independents in the Mid-West and Sefa Fatu, the youngest son of WWE Hall of Famer Rikishi, coming in as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
More cast members have been announced for the upcoming John Cena "Peacemaker" HBO Max spinoff series. Robert Patrick will play Auggie Smith. Chris Conrad will take the role of The Vigilante/Adrian Chase. Danielle Brooks will play Leota Adebayo. And Jennifer Holland will reprise her role from the James Gunn feature "Suicide Squad" film as NSA agent Emma Harcourt, who works with A. R. G. U. S. to monitor the activities of the Suicide Squad.

In September, HBO Max ordered an eight-episode first season for the character starring Cena with James Gunn, the writer and director of Squad and Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy returning to write and direct the series. The series will explore Peacemaker's background before the Suicide Squad film. In promotional material for the film, Cena has described this take on Peacemaker as a "douchey Captain America." Gunn is writing all eight episodes of "Peacemaker" and will be directing many of the episodes as well.

Cena's portrayal of Peacemaker is the first ever live action incarnation of the character, a soldier and super-hero who loves peace so much he is willing to kill for it. The character was originally created by Charlton Comics but acquired by DC in the mid-80s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE announced they are seeking a Talent Brand Manager for the company in what appears to be the first step in the company operating as their own agency and management firm for their talents for outside projects, sponsorships, etc.

The listing notes

WWE Talent Management Group will deliver best-in-class 360-degree support of Talent across all internal lines of business and key external partners, amplifying Talent brand value and maximizing monetization opportunities for Talent and WWE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
AEW president Tony Khan recently spoke with TSN.ca on the state of the company throughout the pandemic and looking ahead to 2021. About a possible relationship with New Japan Pro Wrestling, Khan noted he wanted to see NJPW reciprocate after several of his performers have gone over for shows since AEW launched. Khan added that with the removal of Harold Meij, he feels it might be easier:

"With New Japan, it’s been a little more one-sided where we’ve sent people there and I haven’t really had people from New Japan show up on my TV [programming] yet. I’d like to see more of a two-sided relationship there because I’m honestly one of the easiest people to work with in wrestling. We’ve worked with NWA, we’ve worked with AAA and we’ve sent people to New Japan. I think with Harold [Meij] being gone, I don’t know if it’s going to be easier, but I have a feeling it might be."

Khan added the following regarding the third hour of programming that he says is confirmed for 2021, although the date is not official:

"We’ve worked it out with TNT. It’s 100 percent going to launch in 2021. I don’t have the exact date yet, but I would look out for it soon and it’s right around the corner."
Quote:
AEW champion Jon Moxley spoke with Fight Game Media confirming the company adjusted plans for Full Gear after the first match between Moxley and Eddie Kingston on the anniversary episode in October. Moxley stated they had plans involving him and Lance Archer but after the match with Kingston he saw the obvious direction coming out of it:

"I had a whole other set of plans for everything I was going to do with Lance (Archer), I had a whole different thing. I won’t reveal it in case I go back to it and do something similar.

The thing with Eddie (Kingston), it was just a bridge for the night, like we have this big advertised main event but it’s 2020 and like, as we all know and the fans are sympathetic to – we show up on the day, someone could have been in contact with somebody and now it’s all f—ing scrapped, so you just have to be able to pivot and do something else. I was just focused on that night with Eddie but literally as soon as the match was over, I choked him out, he’s like ‘I didn’t tap, this is bulls—” and I’m like, ‘Oh, it’s so obvious, he didn’t tap’ because he got choked out, so then, I Quit Match – four weeks of promos, easy money.

I haven’t handpicked any opponent – whatever they’ve put in front of me for this whole title reign, whatever opponent, whatever style I just try to take on that new challenge every single time but this one I kind of gave a nod, it just makes all the sense in the world because we hadn’t finalized the plans yet for the pay-per-view but I was like ‘he didn’t tap, he didn’t, he was unconscious, that’s why he didn’t tap’. And I instantly saw the whole story in my head, and I knew he did too and Tony (Khan) gave us the confidence ‘Okay, do it’."
Quote:
MLW’s Court Bauer spoke to The Lapsed Fan podcast regarding the intellectual property surrounding War Games, which MLW was able to claim after using the concept during the promotion’s first iteration in 2003. Bauer explained the IP of War Games was not trademarked by WCW and therefore, didn’t transfer to WWE when the company was sold in 2001. MLW used War Games in 2003 and they trademarked the concept, which lasted until WWE and MLW worked out an arrangement following NXT’s adoption of the concept in 2017:

"A great assumption is to assume that Turner Broadcasting knew what the f— they were doing.

So, when Vince acquired the assets of WCW, what those assets were just were dependent on what they had coming in. So, if they had never filed for trademarks, and had done nothing on that paperwork, well then, they never had them. They had abandoned a lot of trademarks, they had kind of never managed their IP and it was kind of a snapshot of how they ran the operation. They’ve had these incredible IPs; did they ever tend to it? No. That’s the difference between WWE and a lot of its competitors is they go the extra step, they are ruthlessly efficient, they make sure they have a lot of their IPs in place. I mean they kind of go overboard with some of the IPs they make sure they have but I think that’s what makes them different than WCW – they didn’t do that.

So, WWE never had ownership of the intellectual property that was War Games – the actual name and rights to do it. We did a War Games in 2003 and filed for the trademark and no one had done it up to this point, we were using the War Games and pursued it and successfully got it in the U.S Trademark and Patent Offices and we established use of it and for years thereafter had marketed DVDs and things, then brought it back in 2018 and right around then, conveniently timing-wise, NXT said ‘we’re going to do War Games’ and I said, ‘uh, guys, we need to have a conversation’ and we did.

We had announced ours and then they (NXT) did theirs (in November 2017) right after. So, you know, We had a business arrangement, we re-vamped the concept and brought in back in 2019 and introduced War Chamber in Dallas, same concept and added barbed-wire wrapped around the top of the cage but, I can’t go into many of the details, but it’s good to do your paperwork, that’s the biggest takeaway guys. It’s good to do your paperwork, due diligence and making sure you do your paperwork and it all turned out fine."
The fact War Games was never trademarked by WCW back in the day nor WWE never bothered to get the trademark when they bought WCW was very interesting. Originally thought the War Games trademark was just like almost every other WCW and ECW trademark that WWE owned where they purposely let it become abandoned due to neglect and Vince's lingering hatred over WCW.

Quote:
Game Changer Wrestling has added Blake Christian, Jordan Oliver, Jacob Fatu, Rich Swann, Chris Dickinson, Chris Bey, Kikutaro, and Rickey Shane Page to the list of talent advertised for “Slime Season” on Saturday, December 5th at Meet Las Vegas (233 South 4th Street) in Las Vegas. Responding to criticism for running these shows, GCW owner Brett Lauderdale has posted a message stating any talent uncomfortable or having seconds thoughts should not feel pressured to the work the show and it won’t affect their standing with the group.
Quote:
The Young Bucks climbed to the top of the tag team mountain at AEW Full Gear when they defeated FTR to win the AEW Tag Team Titles.

Many didn't think it would take Matt & Nick Jackson a year to win the AEW Tag Team Titles given their standing in the company both behind the scenes and in terms of popularity, and according to them, they wanted to hold off even longer.
Tony Khan Feels Forming Relationship With NJPW Might Be Easier With Harold Meij Gone
Related Article Tony Khan Feels Forming Relationship With NJPW Might Be Easier With Harold Meij Gone

“If we’d won them right away, there wouldn’t have been a struggle for our characters,” Nick told Sports Illustrated. “We actually wanted to hold back for another year, so winning now was a Tony [Khan] call, but I’m glad it happened at the pay-per-view. It felt special, and winning it from FTR in this rivalry, in a match we never thought would happen, took it over the top."

Matt added, "We wanted our story to be painful. So we kept losing, and when you finally thought we’d start winning, we’d lose more. Being fans, we know the feeling of when that pain turns to celebration, and this was the right time for us. We competed in arguably the biggest tag-team match of the last five years and finally won the tag titles in the company we helped start. Does it get any bigger than that?”
Quote:
It's no secret Jim Herd clashed Ric Flair during Herd's time as the Executive Vice President of WCW.

Herd famously wanted Flair to cut his hair and become a Roman gladiator named Spartacus, believing WCW needed to create new stars. Obviously, this didn't go over well with Flair and didn't end up happening.

Sitting down with Conrad Thompson on AdFreeShows, Herd was asked about Ricky Steamboat beating Flair in February 1989 and whether the company had become too reliant on Flair after Flair supposedly tested negatively with fans

"There was a lot of controversy with Ric, he.....I just saw Ric a month ago on some show, what's the guy's name, the bald headed guy [Steve Austin] who has a show on now, he interviewed Ric. I looked at Ric's forehead and I said, 'They must've taken part of his ass and put it on his forehead because all those cuts are gone,' which is great. Ric was a guy that you couldn't control out in public and he did a lot of different things that we didn't agree with, Turner didn't agree with. Believe me, during all this time, if you didn't get a pass from Turner, you got no pass at all because he controlled everything through me. I took the lumps when they came and as long as I maintained his dynamic, which was making it rain dollars, he didn't interfere," said Herd.

Flair would regain the NWA World Heavyweight Title in May 1989 and hold it until July 1990, when he lost the belt to Sting. The feud between Herd and Flair peaked when Flair was fired amid contract negotiations with Herd, allowing him to jump to the WWF and take the WCW World Title with him.
Quote:
BT Sport has dedicated next week to The Undertaker, airing various programming on their network to celebrate his career. To hype the upcoming week-long celebration, BT Sport shared a clip of Sami Zayn describing the first time he met Undertaker.

"The first memory that I have of really interacting with him was at NXT. It was a television taping, late 2014, right before I'm about to wrestle Neville. That story had a good build-up going into that match. It was maybe the last episode of TV before the match. I cut this really impassioned promo, which I think is one of my better promos as a good guy because the storyline was that we were friends, but he was the champion because he was willing to get his hands dirty and I was too adherent to my morality and that's why I would never succeed like him. We had this heated talking segment where I slap him in the face. When I got back there, Undertaker was fired up. He was like, 'THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT! THAT'S HOW YOU SELL TICKETS! THAT WAS A MONEY PROMO!' That night, I think we did a match for the championship where [Neville] won and R Evolution was the rematch. He also complimented that match. He was like, 'I thought you were just going to go out there and do a bunch of spots, but you guys told a story. That is how you do it!' Undertaker is Undertaker and the fact that he was at NXT was 'Undertaker is here.' For him to be waiting for us backstage as soon as we got through the curtain, and fired up about how good our work was, that was amazing," recalled Zayn.

Zayn would win the NXT Championship from Neville (now Pac in AEW), at NXT TakeOver: R Evolution in a Title vs. Career bout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleTalk
Another name has been added to the list of NXT talents who have been called up to the WWE main roster even though we haven’t actually seen them show up yet.

Fightful Select reports that Santana Garrett was called up to the main roster this past summer.

Garrett only wrestled on NXT TV a small handful of times, and did have some outings on Raw and Main Event earlier this year before the summer but hasn’t been used since then.

The report notes that there were a number of pitches for Garrett including for her to be part of a tag team, but none of them have come to fruition.

Garrett joins the likes of Chelsea Green and Vanessa Borne as names from NXT who were called up to the main roster earlier in the year but still haven’t appeared.
WWE's continued botching of NXT call-ups has been way too comical these days. Why bother calling up people if you have nothing planned for them on the main roster.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote