Thread: NXT Megathread
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 10:10 PM   #157
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
NXT was awesome. Not the best episode of television ever, by any stretch of the imagination, but so smart in how it set stuff up and executed it.

Lots of young faces. And NXT, now that it may have some continuity with the main roster, might be able to start trialling the people they actually want as stars as stars in that ecosystem. Some of these dudes are already interesting enough to flesh out the main roster. It wouldn’t surprise me to see The Creed Brothers and Bron Breakker on the main roster even before WrestleMania. Young acts are going to attract young viewers. And it’s not always about going out and having Observer five star matches. Simple, smart execution.

I can see this show overtaking Dynamite in time. Not that that’s even the goal right now, but there was so much that was interesting on the show. And it actually feels like NXT might be a glimpse into the future that Triple H’s boutique product just couldn’t offer.

Even the comedy was well done. If they go more organic with promos (and they had some personalities on this show), and the stories don’t get too silly — they’re onto a winning formula in my opinion.

It feels a bit like OVW or even Smoky Mountain. Not exactly, but in that NXT circa 2013/2014 way. I hope they use main roster talent. I used to love it when you’d get a Aiden English vs. Sheamus or Rob Van Dam. They can sprinkle that sort of stuff in and make it a much more exciting show then it has been since it kind of got stale in 2015.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote